Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am currently looking to purchase a ducati this will be my first one. I currently own a 06 cbr1000rr but like many others ducati has always been my dream bike. I have my eye on a 2008 1098s with a few things done to it like Termignoni exhaust, levers, and tinted wind screen it has 8300 miles. The other bike I'm looking at is a 2012 1199 panigale stock with 3600 miles. They're both the same price and I'm kinda thinking I should go with the newer one but I figure I ask you guys since you guys have been around this bikes longer than me and maybe could point me on the right direction. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
144 Posts
Buy the 2012. If you want to have major headaches, the 2008 will provide them with its fuel tank problems and radiator problems.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Nominee for PlayerHater of the Year!!! lol
Get the '12.
08 like Rocket said, too many problems

·
Registered
112 Posts
I own and ride a 1098S as well as a 1199S .. both modified.

Get the 1199S.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Yea, 1199 for the win at that price!

Just remember, the 1199 will be a "dealership service" bike and the 1198 is a user serviceable bike. If you're OK with taking the bike to a dealer for maintenance, go for the 1199. If you're mechanically inclined and can do all the maintenance yourself, go dig up a 1198. :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
test drive both of them and see which one you feel better suits you..

cosmetics and price should not be the sole deciding factors

there are different characteristics among the bikes -

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
They're worlds apart in ride quality, handling, power delivery, engine character, clutch feel, etc. Think of the 1098 as more of a built muscle car vs the modern sport coupe 1199. Personally I like the older, more brutal 1098/1198/848 series... but asking the same price as a 2012 1199 is insane.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am thinking this is a base model Panigale? To be the same price as an 848 seems kind of odd to me. If it is then it is hard to pass on an 1199 to me they are most beautiful bikes available on the market today.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Then why but Ducati? ;)
:nutkick:

They're worlds apart in ride quality, handling, power delivery, engine character, clutch feel, etc. Think of the 1098 as more of a built muscle car vs the modern sport coupe 1199. Personally I like the older, more brutal 1098/1198/848 series... but asking the same price as a 2012 1199 is insane.
Agreed & well said.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I am thinking this is a base model Panigale? To be the same price as an 848 seems kind of odd to me. If it is then it is hard to pass on an 1199 to me they are most beautiful bikes available on the market today.
:stickpoke I'm thinking you didn't fully read the post. That's pretty crazy to have them priced the same.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Gotta ride em both and see how they're different. Obviously if you know you're going to have to sink a ton of cash into the newer one on mods that the older one already has, that might be worth taking into account. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts