Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping for a little feedback on this one as I'm torn....

First off, I know this thread has the potential of going south quickly for several reasons, so... Lets try to stay on point. :)

Summers get quite warm around here and I'm looking for a compliment to my existing Arai helmet. Highway riding, more spirited runs, etc I'll stick to the Arai... but.. I want something cooler for short around town type runs.

I'm currently between the Bell Rogue (the helmet everyone loves to hate?). Styling aside, it offers some good flexibility, essentially an open face feel while still providing some protection from bugs, stones, etc...

Bell Rogue Helmet - RevZilla

I also came across the Scorpion EXO-900X at my local shop today and while I hadn't considered full modular, it has some nice benefits like the flip down sun shield, etc...

Several upsides compared to the rogue, but the big downside is 0 face protection (again talking bugs and such, not crash protection) when in used as a 3/4 helmet.

Scorpion EXO-900X Helmet - Solid - RevZilla

Any thoughts between these two, or other similar recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thing I like about the Rogue is still lots of airflow with bug protection with the muzzle / bobsters on, and more airflow than the EXO with face down (which it'd need to be to stop the bugs)...

I would go with the modular. Yiu can flip it up at a stop but have fool protection while moving. The bugs come out during the summer.

Wish someone carried Biltwell around here to see one in person. I hadn't considered, but will check out some reviews & such.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I come from the Philippines which is pretty much summer 6 months of the year. I like using modular helmets more than open face helmets. It gives me the piece of mind that my face is protected and i can just flip it up when on a full stop.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey DUCaddict, I am from the Philippines too. :)

As per topic, my dad has the rogue and while it looks cool, it offers less protection for wind in the eyes as it is exposed. You can wear some sunglasses but that does not offer much wind protection and sometimes it fogs up the glasses. Best to go with modular which I also have. Cheers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice to see a fellow pinoy in the forum. What bike do you use? Im on a 821.

Hey DUCaddict, I am from the Philippines too. :)

As per topic, my dad has the rogue and while it looks cool, it offers less protection for wind in the eyes as it is exposed. You can wear some sunglasses but that does not offer much wind protection and sometimes it fogs up the glasses. Best to go with modular which I also have. Cheers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I broke down and went with the Rogue and a set of Bobster goggles:

Bobster Cruiser 2 Goggles

At the end of the day, what pushed me over the edge was this line of thought..

I'm not a fan of riding with the full front in up position on a modular which means I'd either be using it as full face, or 3/4 99% of the time. I love my current full face and 3/4 does nothing to protect from bugs / debris.

While I'm not sure if the Rogue will look completely bada$$ or odd & goofy, in the end, I don't really care. I'm much more concerned with functionality than aesthetics and the Rogue offers a niche piece of functionality that I've not been able to find in any other helmets.

I'll post back when it comes in and I get some time on the road with it if anyone is interested to know how it turns out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, you and me both...

Ordered it on Amazon, so if not, it'll just go right back and I'll grab the EXO 900X locally which is a smoking deal at $120. Honestly at that price I'm tempted to pick one up regardless.

Good luck with your choice man. Hope its what you expect it to be.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Rogue came in last Friday. Weather has not cooperated at all since it came in, but initial impression is solid.

Fit is true to size, and I was able to fit my second set of hardware for a Sena SMA10 without any issues.

Muzzle / breath box took 10-15 minutes of fiddling to get it comfortable, but no issues once adjustments were made with pressure on the nose as some have reported, etc..

Seems like its going to be a good summer / around town lid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.