Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Recently joined, about an hour ago. I am a member on the 899 site but get little response there. I am wondering if anyone has tried out the T Rex sliders, they seem to provide more coverage than the R and G sliders and are also cheaper.

If anyone is of any help in that area I would be greatful.

I hope to learn much here from you all, Thank you!

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Hello All,

Recently joined, about an hour ago. I am a member on the 899 site but get little response there. I am wondering if anyone has tried out the T Rex sliders, they seem to provide more coverage than the R and G sliders and are also cheaper.

If anyone is of any help in that area I would be greatful.

I hope to learn much here from you all, Thank you!
Welcome to the forum, while I do not have an 899 I did try the T-rex on my 848 like you I like the extra coverage. I kept getting my feet hung up on them. Ended up going with the speedymoto. But if you look up T-rex on this site many have given them a favorable reviews.

Reactions: xsurfmorex

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum, while I do not have an 899 I did try the T-rex on my 848 like you I like the extra coverage. I kept getting my feet hung up on them. Ended up going with the speedymoto. But if you look up T-rex on this site many have given them a favorable reviews.
I appreciate the feedback. I may go with this and place the order tonight. I do have size 12 shoes so I hope to avoid hanging up but I dont do much foot moving. I do need to invest in gilles tooling footpegs for better grip as well.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
There is an appetite for risk, of sorts, associated with frame sliders:

The further they stick out the more they protect, but also the greater the risk they pose for getting caught on something in the event of a slide and doing exponentially more damage than that which they are so provisioned.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is an appetite for risk, of sorts, associated with frame sliders:

The further they stick out the more they protect, but also the greater the risk they pose for getting caught on something in the event of a slide and doing exponentially more damage than that which they are so provisioned.
I agree, though with the beveled sides such as these. they're less likely to catch. I assumed the risk in hopes of avoiding any contact with the fairings to the ground. I am also getting the R and G style carbon tail sliders. They look slick and seem to provide more function than nothing at all. It's always a 50/50 as to whether we should use sliders or not. I prefer something over nothing.

If I could afford to just replace everything if I wrecked, I'd keep it sleek and basic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.