Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Hypermotard 939 SP

Looking forward to picking my new bike up in the next two weeks or so. Not seeing much activity or feedback on this forum after being involved with the busy Scrambler Forums. Is the 939 that good? Best mods? Right Forum?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd be interested in hearing a review from you once you've put a few km's on it.

I've got a 821 SP, absolutely love it.
2000+ kms on it and I really like it. Not like anything I have had before but a real blast to ride and definitely a keeper.

·
Registered
35 Posts
2000+ kms on it and I really like it. Not like anything I have had before but a real blast to ride and definitely a keeper.
Have you done any suspension adjustments?

I've adjusted the ride height front and rear and reduced (softened) compression dampering on the rear by 2 clicks from standard to give a more comfortable ride (getting older :) )

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you done any suspension adjustments?

I've adjusted the ride height front and rear and reduced (softened) compression dampering on the rear by 2 clicks from standard to give a more comfortable ride (getting older :) )
Work in progress. I usually wait for the springs to bed in and sag for 2000k at least. Suspension is my next job as I have a track day soon and I live in the hills with bumpy roads and tree roots everywhere. I know what you mean, 65 this year. Did 2 clicks make a noticeable difference?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Work in progress. I usually wait for the springs to bed in and sag for 2000k at least. Suspension is my next job as I have a track day soon and I live in the hills with bumpy roads and tree roots everywhere. I know what you mean, 65 this year. Did 2 clicks make a noticeable difference?
Good point about letting the suspension bed in.
Yes, I did notice a difference. A more comfortable ride when not pushing it with very little difference to cornering I thought. I have noticed rear tyre wear is different now. Hard to explain, a scalloped edge on the tread pattern is the best way to describe it. The standard settings (clickers) seemed really good if you are hammering. I haven't tried softening any further.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hope these years with your SP have treated you well. Just got a used 2018 SP. Thanks for recommendation on suspension settings.

It's nice to learn I am not the only, ahem, mature rider on an SP.

Never been on a track. Wondering if I should attend a Superbike type school first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts