Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to drop by and say hello from another friendly 821 rider in SoCal! I just picked mine up and put about 175 miles on it this past weekend!! This thing is an absolute joy to ride. I was previously on an 899 Panigale and while my love for that bike will never die, I decided to opt for a bike that would let me go on longer rides without killing my lower back and wrists.

Anyhow, looking forward to all the M821 talk! This seems to be the most active forum I could find.

I didn't want to create a new thread but I'm having a rough time with my clutch pedal. Getting it into neutral from either 1st or 2nd gear is ridiculously difficult and once it's in Neutral, sometimes the N light doesn't even come on unless I feather it into place a bit. I can let go of the clutch lever and the bike is actually in neutral, but the N light won't come on. My bigger problem is with how difficult it is to get it to go into neutral to begin with. I'll be taking it back to the dealership ASAP and already spoke with them about it but was curious if anyone else had this problem. I was thinking it'd clear itself up after a few miles but I was mistaken.

Anyhow, I was still able to enjoy it all throughout the weekend.

·
Registered
350 Posts
That is a standard issue on this model we all go through it. It will improve after the first 500 to 1,000 miles as the bike breaks in. When the bike is cold it will also be a bit difficult but again once the break in is over this also fades. You may experience a few false neutrals during the break in process but again they disappear soon. Congratulations on the bike this model is great!!! A year and a half on mine and no regrets I love the bike...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a standard issue on this model we all go through it. It will improve after the first 500 to 1,000 miles as the bike breaks in. When the bike is cold it will also be a bit difficult but again once the break in is over this also fades. You may experience a few false neutrals during the break in process but again they disappear soon. Congratulations on the bike this model is great!!! A year and a half on mine and no regrets I love the bike...
Ah, gotcha. I thought there was just something wrong with mine! I was so used to the crisp accurate gear changes on the Panigale I didn't even think about issues like this on the M821. Well, I'll keep riding her and get her out of that break in period. Hopefully it clears up soon, it's become somewhat irksome in over the longer rides.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i dont know if this will change after the brake-in period but you might get used to it a bit.
I have about 4,000 km on mine and still always go to 1st then N.
Did not notice the green light not lighting up though.
Yeah, I'm hoping it'll go away. I did see another thread that was all about this issue so at the very least it seems fairly common.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. Yeah there's the find neutral game and sometimes a false neutral after 5th gear. I'm still breaking mine in too. Lovely engine. Cheers.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have any of you heard of this Rever app? It seems like a good way to maybe organize a group ride? Saw it in a recent issue of Motor Cyclist and downloaded it. You can plan your routes and share with friends. Though, I think the sharing part may require a premium account. :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a few thousand miles on my 1200 and Neutral with the motor running is still finicky unless you roll the bike a few inches forward as you shift up into N. If done this way it snicks into N just as one would normally expect. If you just sit there and try and shift up into N without the slight forward roll you will miss the green light as you continually shift between first and second. I was told by the dealership that it is just a "Monster thing."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.