Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2014 Monster. I have been told by the dealer that you can't get the regular battery tender pigtail attached to the battery because of the battery location and Ducati no longer sells just the pigtail that connects under the seat. They now only sell the $80 tender. Does anyone know of a source to get just the pigtail that has the proper plug under the seat that can connect to a Battery Tender? Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. The description says that it does not match the Battery Tender connections. Is there any other models?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've got a pigtail attached to the top of the battery on my Monster 821.
In principle the battery location on the 1200 & 821 is the same.
I know the rear shock is slightly different between the two models, but if this changes the battery cover to that extent I don't know?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Weird. Have one fitted to my Monster 1200 straight from the dealer.. Has the SAE connection, just tucks under the seat when not in use.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ill add that I just got the Optimate 0-47 Adapter and it hooked up to my battery tender perfect

I have the adapter for the Monster 1200 from Amazon and it hooks right up under the seat and plugs into my Battery Tender and charges the Monster up as designed.

Reactions: bushyar15

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, the gear indicator must be unplugged while charging the battery.

This pigtail is not meant to stay on the bike. It is really an adapter to be kept on your Battery Tender so that you can plug into your Duc's underseat DDA port.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The GIpro DS-series from HealTech Electronics. It works wonderfully. Blue color is the best followed closely by green.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone had issue with it not fully charging? I just bought a new 1200r, fires right up, but I attached the battery tender (ducati tender) shows charging but never ready.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Attached it under the seat. I use the same charger for my other bikes but they attach directly to the battery and they are ready in a few hours

·
Registered
995 Posts
I also have an M821 with what I think is the same BT and the light will switch to ready after a while. Both are due for service so I'll ask the tech if he knows, or can check, anything.

Pjk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts