Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

my name is Jo, and I recently bought a Desmosedici No. 766/1500 with just 1.200km. I life in beautiful Austria, approx. 100km west of our capital Vienna. I have been riding bikes for more then 25 years (OMG, getting old :toothless ), starting with several Honda's in the 90's and early 00's (CBR's 600/900/954, NC30, RC45) I moved to Ducati in 2006. Since then I have been riding several Duc's, the latest one was a Panigale Trico. This bike I bought only because I couldn't find a proper Desmosedici @ that time. Don't take me wrong, the Pane is an excellent bike, but it is missing thr aura, the Sedici has. I don't care if the BMW's are faster on the track, or the Aprilia V4 is smoother to handle. For me, the D16 is THE Goddess, the Masterpiece, the bike all other's have to look up. Beside the Sedici, I enjoy driving my Lotus Esprit GT3 and some other sportscars. So, looking forward getting in touch with other Ducatista here and wish you an excellent day! Jo

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome Jo!

You will love "her"

Not sure how much riding you are intending on doing but some really good posts on switching to 17 inch rears for better tyre choice and also worth considering a dyno tune to smooth out the ride ability down low for road riding.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome Jo,

Enjoy your Desmosedici, and you will get great information about your bike from many other owners.

Cheers Keith

Desmosedici 1204

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, folks

Thanks for the very kind welcome. So, finally I shall get my bike this Thursday. Can't wait to have it in my garage. You wouldn't believe, but I never heard any Desmo live. The day I bought 0766, the battery was down.:(:(

Honestly I don't know how many Sedici run in AT, but I know @ least two which are regular on the F1 Red bull circuit.

Reading more and more about the bike, can you guys pls advise me how to make an already very good bike even better.

I took with me a 17 inch rear wheel and the dyno tune. With Thorsten Durbahn I am currently negotiating on a brand new GP7 Termignoni system. Not sure if he will sell it to me, but how much would you pay for it?
What about carbon gadgets, etc.

Thanks in advance for your answers and all the best from rainy Austria.

Jo

PS.: Here are some photos of the bike. Still very standard.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nice bike! I was just over there visiting my family in Ranshoven right on the border near Braunau, such a beautiful country, wish i did not have to come home!!! Visited the Red Bull "Hangar 7" while i was there, some pretty cool toys in there!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Looking good. On the GP7 purchase, obviously the price varies country to country but they were about $8k USD or $10K Aust about 12 months ago but they were the last to come out of the factory is what I was told at the time.

They are getting very scarce so if you can get one for an "ok" price - grab it as you struggle later to find one with all the OEM bodywork.

Can you do track days the red bull circuit? That'd be cool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Ducducgop
Are you from Ranshofen? Indeed, a very nice area there. Innviertel.
Did you see the bike @ the dealer? I bought it from Ducati Salzburg, Heribert Braunbart. All the best! Jo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ Maxsam

tx for feedback on the GP 7. Will try 2 grab one.

As for riding on the Red Bull circuit. Yes, it is possible to have track days there. I was this spring with my RS there. The circuit is amazing. So, if you guys'd be interested, I can ask a friend of mine on the details.

Take care!

Jo

·
Registered
395 Posts
@Ducducgop
Are you from Ranshofen? Indeed, a very nice area there. Innviertel.
Did you see the bike @ the dealer? I bought it from Ducati Salzburg, Heribert Braunbart. All the best! Jo
My grandmother was born in Salzburg and lived in Ranshofen until she came to the states. All of her brothers and sisters still live in or near Ranshofen though. When I visit I usually stay with them in their flat. Sadly I did not make it to the Ducati dealer in Salzburg when I visit last.:(

I plan to go back again within the next year or two since I was not able to stay for long my last trip. Have you ever been to "Mai-Wiesn" festival in Burghauser? I went there and I must say that was the best party I have ever been to!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jo

The power commander and tune are a must have.

I would recommend doing another tune again if you go GP7.

Make sure who ever you use tunes all 4 banks individually no 2 bikes are remotely the same.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
706 Posts
Jo,

As Scottyboy says the power commander is a must have! As for carbon you can go as far as you want with it...I have carbon everything on mine...wheels, swingarm protectors (the best bit of carbon on it by far, looks absolutely fantastic), mirror covers, dash surround, reservoir covers & stalks, fuel cap, rear reservoir protector etc.
A rear hugger is a must, the OEM one is best!
There are threads on all these, with pictures, on here so have a nosey!
I have a full GP7 system plus a rear hugger if you get stuck!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great to see you here, - A bike like no other !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts