Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum and also new to the Ducati owners club ;) .. I have just purchased the 821 Stripe and hopefully will take delivery at the end of the week. Are there any other Stripe owners out there? I haven't seem too much about them online.

Not the best photo, but here is the bike in all its glory:

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice Stripe! love the headlight windscreen! Btw Pthomas, what other options are added to this model besides the adjustable front forks and windscreen?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Stripe! love the headlight windscreen! Btw Pthomas, what other options are added to this model besides the adjustable front forks and windscreen?
Thanks Guys!

Bobbyzn - Actually unless you want to include the lively :) , the adjustable front forks and the screen are pretty much it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i would definitly pick up a stripe windscreen for a Dark model if Ducati ever comes up with one! i like that fairing and the screen look of it compared to what i have. i don't know if it will have a better wind protection though.
I don't care, i like the Stripe style screen better!!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Walky - Yes, that's right. Both the forks and shock are fully adjustable. That was my main driver for going with the stripe model. I also feel it is worth the extra dollars. Additionally, I haven't ridden an M821 without the screen, but feel the one that comes with the bike does a reasonable job of offering some wind protection.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Just a quick note to all those new 821 owners out there ..

I have just completed the first 1000 km's and initial service on my bike. So, last night was the first time I was really allowed to take the bike over the 6000 rpm mark... one word - Wow! :D This has now opened up a whole new mood/ attitude in the new beast. Am still grinning from ear to ear every time I ride it and do not see this changing anytime soon. Such an enjoyable bike!

I've also ordered a few bits and pieces to start customizing it a little. Will post some pictures of the progress once they arrive.

·
Registered
33 Posts
New Ducati owner here and i love the new 821 Stripe.

I just got it back from the shop where i just had Xpel installed over the Front fender, Rear Seat cover and Tank. I highly recommend doing this mod it turned out fantastic.

Also waiting on my Termignoni and a bunch of carbon to come in stay tuned :)

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey lovsigs,

nice Stripe! How much did you pay for the Xpel if you dont mind me asking? Was it something you couldn't do or put on yourself? I was considering doing something like that to protect my paint but realized that i have a matte colour dark paint and the film protection may make it glossy which i dont want. Anyways, i bought something for matte paint protectant spray instead. Also, what made you decide to go with Xpel? have you checked out the new 3M Scotchguard Pro series before you had this done? check out this link..

Reactions: PThomas

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey lovsigs,

nice Stripe! How much did you pay for the Xpel if you dont mind me asking? Was it something you couldn't do or put on yourself? I was considering doing something like that to protect my paint but realized that i have a matte colour dark paint and the film protection may make it glossy which i dont want. Anyways, i bought something for matte paint protectant spray instead. Also, what made you decide to go with Xpel? have you checked out the new 3M Scotchguard Pro series before you had this done? check out this link..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUPC1YVa5uk
Xpel sells a kit for the 1200 but it will fit the 821 since they are about the same size plus Xpel will stretch. I paid 300 installed which isn’t too bad. I would’ve paid $80 for a tank protector that doesn’t cover nearly as much as the Xpel does and kind of takes away from the look of the Stripe. I went with Xpel because I’ve had great results on our cars and trucks and pretty much invisible. It also has this feature that self heals surface scratches and the product itself has a mild adhesive. 3M i've been told can be very harsh on your paint like if you had to take it off. I've heard it can rip the paint right off. I've attached a pic of the Xpel Kit

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great to hear you're loving the stripe Lovsigs - I like the idea with the Xpel (might have to look into it). Looking forward to seeing all the mod's you have planned for it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.