Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a proud owner of a 2010 dark 848. 6000km Very standard except for the 70mm termignoni full race system and ECU.

It is my second ducati. I had a 900s2 for 10 years last century and stupidly sold it.

Do the 848 comes with a hugger as standard? Mine does not have one. I have just spent a few hours with a toothbrush cleaning and think a hugger will be my next purchase.

Will any of the standard ones work with the 70mm full system?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Mark

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
didn't come with one. ducati make a small carbon hugger which does something
but probably not much. i would wager that other manufacturers have a bigger
more effective version.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I have found a local maker of them and asked if their hugger will clear the oversize pipes.

I'm still not sure if I'd prefer it without one. I do like the clean look.

·
Registered
243 Posts
the ducati carbon thing is kinda small ... i have one, but i'm not sure it really does anything. i still
get stones / crap up on the back of the engine case. and its not exactly inexpensive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the ducati carbon thing is kinda small ... i have one, but i'm not sure it really does anything. i still
get stones / crap up on the back of the engine case. and its not exactly inexpensive.
Cheers.
I ended up ordering one of these in a matte finish to suit the 848 dark. I have a few bikes so don't really plan on riding it in the rain but the tail area looks a pain to keep clean. Plus it will hopefully reduce some sandblasting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers mate. The bloke convinced me to go gloss. I did but I'm sort of regretting the decision. I think matte would have suited it better. funny part was he kept saying how much better it would look gloss. It would show off the weave..... my reply was that I would buy one in plastic if I could and that CF was not that special any more. It is just the standard material these sorts of parts are made out of. 10 years ago there was the wow factor but to me now it looks cheap and that I'd prefer it painted in a solid colour. I don't think he liked that comment lol.

·
Registered
243 Posts
yeah, agreed. its not a structural part so carbon doesn't really have any benefits other than, 'wow'
which, as you say, is kinda last-century by now. cheap ABS woulda been my choice too. there
is / was a company in england called 'pyramid plastics' that made stuff for bikes. not sure if they're
still in business.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts