Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2013 848 Evo Corse SE.

Sprayed my race fairings with plasti-dip originally, all black, and wasn't feeling it. Did a proper DIY paint job last week, pretty happy with the results. Wasn't sure about gold - it's one of those love it or hate it kind of things. Just figured a track bike should have a little more pop!

New:

And then....

And now.......

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
Um.................. I want the Bronco.:yo:

·
Registered
41 Posts
nice job but think it's hard to beat the original 2013 corse paint scheme, I'm biased but I think it's the best one going around on any bike, glad you can revert post tracking:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
i really prefer the last black one... those little flags and the white stickers are very nice touches.

gold is kinda unique but i don't like it that much. personal preference. i have my track fairings spray painted matt black as well.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
I like it. Black 'Ducati' tank & '848' fairing decals and it's done!

I'm wondering what someone like Andrew Swenson Design or Connecticut Cycle Refinishing would do with those colors. Dane Westby's bike with the gold flake is ridiculously good looking and really pops in the sunlight. Then adding something like diamond black metallic to the mix....

But then you have more into a track fairing paintjob than it takes for 3-4-5 sets of DOTs or slicks, and we all know what wins out in that "Do I buy this or that" showdown, lol.

Looks good, different, and fresh. Should be easy to spot out there!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can only see the pic of the new bike and the all black fairings, but not the "after" shots. I'm pondering paint schemes for my bike and have a question for you. Were you able to just peel the plasti-dip off the tank with no ill-effects to the original paint? My red/white/black Corse tank is really limiting my track paintwork options. If I could just peel it off when/if I went back to stock bodywork that would be awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts