Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have no constructive criticism to offer, KINDLY MOVE ALONG and mind your own business.

:yo:Hello guys, since Denver CO drivers are very bad at driving cos they are always high of the green - :smoking::smoking::smoking:
I mounted LED lights on the fairings to improve visibility and in preparation for the spring and summer riding.

The LED lights are placed under each part of the fairing precisely of the body works so that the lights do not spread out ugly when its turned on.
I also made a switch that controls the led lights to come on or off (the switch has 3 settings, High - which you can see in the fist 2 pictures, low - seen in the rest of the pictures, and off.) I personally like the low led lights.

The wires are on a different terminal connected directly to the battery so that It does not interfere with the manufactures electrical systems. I also install quick disconnected on the LEDs to the fairings so that it can be easy to remove if I need to do a service work.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Im always open to new ideas.:wave::wave::wave:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
You should have bought the HID's for the summer riding instead. 6K hid is good for the headlights...if it's not too troublesome, take those LEDs off..until the rest of the forum jumps on top of you for having LEDs lights on a Duc..lol..I'm gonna be nice with this thread-(not being an sarcastic a$$hole for saying so)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since the first couple comments are not so positive I've decided to take down pix for now.
The bike does have and HID kit installed as well.

Like like this is more for visibility than showing bike!
What color would u suggest?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Since the first couple comments are not so positive I've decided to take down pix for now.
The bike does have and HID kit installed as well.

Like like this is more for visibility than showing bike!
What color would u suggest?
I'd go with whatever it is that you like. Then again, it is your bike after all. :blah:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah bro, it's your bike, do what you want. If it makes you feel safer, go with it. We buy these bikes because we're individuals and don't follow the beat of the drum like everyone else. If people rag on you because you personalize yours, they've missed the point. What if you took the lights off and got in a wreck the next night because the guy didn't see you? You'd probably kick yourself for taking their advice that you're posing. Everyday, I fight for your freedom to put those lights on there. Keep 'em.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah bro, it's your bike, do what you want. If it makes you feel safer, go with it. We buy these bikes because we're individuals and don't follow the beat of the drum like everyone else. If people rag on you because you personalize yours, they've missed the point. What if you took the lights off and got in a wreck the next night because the guy didn't see you? You'd probably kick yourself for taking their advice that you're posing. Everyday, I fight for your freedom to put those lights on there. Keep 'em.
Deadgame, thanks man. I like the fact you made me realize I need to fight for my freedom in this society, especially when it comes to safety and visibility which I care for.

I have no intentions of racing this 1098 yet as im fairly new to it and want to spend much time knowing it before I even think of the suspension and various mod everyone is talking about. At least wait for the manufacturing warranty to expire before I tear it apart.

Thanks for the up lift. I do appreciate people like you.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I would remove the blue LED's if it were my machine. I would upgrade the running lights to HID's and/ or put LED's in the headlight assembly before putting them on the side of the fairings. Having extra lights and using that as a "safety justification" bears no facts, in as much as "loud pipes" save lives.
You are correct it is your machine, and the yellow is a rare color, would be better to take an MSF advanced rider course or other?

Possibly using something a little more creative like putting the "add on LED" kit into the rear view mirror assemblies might be a better more visible solution?

Keep modding as long as it makes you happy!

·
Registered
129 Posts
You got it bro! :yo:

Deadgame, thanks man. I like the fact you made me realize I need to fight for my freedom in this society, especially when it comes to safety and visibility which I care for.

I have no intentions of racing this 1098 yet as im fairly new to it and want to spend much time knowing it before I even think of the suspension and various mod everyone is talking about. At least wait for the manufacturing warranty to expire before I tear it apart.

Thanks for the up lift. I do appreciate people like you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would remove the blue LED's if it were my machine. I would upgrade the running lights to HID's and/ or put LED's in the headlight assembly before putting them on the side of the fairings. Having extra lights and using that as a "safety justification" bears no facts, in as much as "loud pipes" save lives.
You are correct it is your machine, and the yellow is a rare color, would be better to take an MSF advanced rider course or other?

Possibly using something a little more creative like putting the "add on LED" kit into the rear view mirror assemblies might be a better more visible solution?

Keep modding as long as it makes you happy!
I am taking the advance rider course this weekend. I already have the HID kit installed angel eye look and running/parking light.

The good thing is, the LED light have an on and off switch which so it is not running at all times. I turn it on as I wish. just saying

·
Registered
22 Posts
:yo:Like the others said. Its your bike do what you want. And your right it will make it more visible at night. I have been riding in japan for the last few years and the drivers here look for motorcycles, but in the states especially colorado ( i would know, i am from thornton) drivers do not pay any attention to bikes. And just a recommendation, you can get a military spec motorcycle vest. With all the reflective material you will be very visible. I am in the military and i have to wear one. They dont come in the best colors (bright orange or yellow) but they do work.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Blue Y???????????

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
God job brother! Don't worry I get blasted also like you lol! But we build our bikes to the way we want...that's all that matters!

As for LED colours have you tried green...that might look good!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Who blasted who on this thread?? OP got off easy nobody really drilled him. Not my cup of tea but your money and bike. Have fun with it!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I take no offence to anyone. We all looking out for each other so I have a better idea. Watch out for part II shortly.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i think they look fine. At least you didnt do some shitty mickeymouse job on it.

But in the future, when you have an awesome yellow/blk combo, stay away from blue lights ;)
Possibly consider white, that'd look sick as it'd showcase the bike and not highlight it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts