Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a NoMar (classic with ultimate package) last night off Craig's list for 500 bucks. Brother in law went halves so it's going to pay off pretty quick.

Retail new on this is over 800 bucks and he through in some extra tools.

Machine
Exercise equipment Tire Exercise machine Bench Machine

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ok T, im just gonna go ahead an say what we're all thinking... Thats nice and all, but just doesn't match the rest of your garage decor. I mean, come on.. You have a giant ass 3 car garage, and we can all see the lift in there, where you probably keep your Enzo. So why are you cutting corners on the tire machine. You should get a proper one, like one sees in the moto gp paddock. Probably go ahead and hire a full time tire guy to use it as well. I mean, that thing you have there looks like something i would do. Especially the part about Craigslist, and going in halves on it

Sorry...... im still jealous

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol

But this pic was taken in my bro-in law's garage, which happens to be twice the size of my old house! Talk about jealous I should of been a dentist.

Btw he wanted to go for a cheaper one but I pushed for this one while he haggled the guy down from 650.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
You can hire me as your tire guy T if you go with Ducktard's advice! :D....though I'm not too excited about living in Seattle :/

Reactions: cb4265 and Tchase

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
It would have to be better then Nebraska :stickpoke
No way! There are many better places to live in than Nebraska, but Seattle is not one of them (at least IMO) ;)

Granted I live in the urban and more civilized area on NE, perhaps I would think otherwise if I still lived in the town where I graduated high school from :eek: But I can't see myself liking Seattle because or all the rain, high cost of living, rain, traffic/crowdiness, rain, being out in the corner of the country far away from everything, and rain. Been to Portland once, and if WA is anything like OR, it's not my cup of tea....I want to go somewhere in the southern half of the country :D

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No way! There are many better places to live in than Nebraska, but Seattle is not one of them (at least IMO) ;)

Granted I live in the urban and more civilized area on NE, perhaps I would think otherwise if I still lived in the town where I graduated high school from :eek: But I can't see myself liking Seattle because or all the rain, high cost of living, rain, traffic/crowdiness, rain, being out in the corner of the country far away from everything, and rain. Been to Portland once, and if WA is anything like OR, it's not my cup of tea....I want to go somewhere in the southern half of the country :D

No Oregon is not like WA. But I wouldn't and don't live in Seattle I'm about 30 miles SE. In fact we don't live in any city limits 😏

·
Registered
101 Posts
You should put Idaho on your list of states to never want to live in! Terrible place! haha The only really bad part is all the WA people coming over to hang out along with all the Californicators moving in.
Oh and Oregon is a beautiful state but a tragedy all at the same time. Cops are even more criminal than other places and not pumping your own gas sounds cool until some teen runs pours petrol down your bike.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
You should put Idaho on your list of states to never want to live in! Terrible place! haha The only really bad part is all the WA people coming over to hang out along with all the Californicators moving in.
Oh and Oregon is a beautiful state but a tragedy all at the same time. Cops are even more criminal than other places and not pumping your own gas sounds cool until some teen runs pours petrol down your bike.
Yeah I thought that was odd too when I was in OR. Haven't seen someone come out to put gas in your car for 13 years when I was in Romania! :eek:...never been to Idaho, but on TV it always looked like a nice state. But there's no race tracks there, so that's a no-no for me :D

Reactions: mcriswell

·
Registered
555 Posts
I love it that it's now like a competition to have the most ruthless/corrupt cops.
In Japan, when you hit the gas station 7 or 8 pretty little Japanese girls literally run out to pump your gas, clean the windows and just make you feel like a king... The best part is when you go to leave the gas station, they go out in the road and block traffic for you!! No, im not kidding. In fact, i would intentionally grab whatever car needed gas, thats how i would decide what car to drive in the morning.

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
Yeah the attendant must pump gas thing in Oregon is odd. I found that most stations I stopped at during my yearly Exploregon trip would authorize it for me and let me do the rest. Liked it better that way.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I love it that it's now like a competition to have the most ruthless/corrupt cops.

In Japan, when you hit the gas station 7 or 8 pretty little Japanese girls literally run out to pump your gas, clean the windows and just make you feel like a king... The best part is when you go to leave the gas station, they go out in the road and block traffic for you!! No, im not kidding. In fact, i would intentionally grab whatever car needed gas, thats how i would decide what car to drive in the morning.

Dude you obviously have not lived here (Japan) or visited in a lifetime, because even the full service stations which are not that many any more do not do that. That kind of service has not been for 10 years or more.
The only part that remains accurate is the attendants making sure you get to the road safely and even that's not all service stations.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Dude you obviously have not lived here (Japan) or visited in a lifetime, because even the full service stations which are not that many any more do not do that. That kind of service has not been for 10 years or more.
The only part that remains accurate is the attendants making sure you get to the road safely and even that's not all service stations.
Way to ruin it! I was just searching for plane tickets to Japan after reading Ducktard's post...now you just shit on my parade! :p

Reactions: cb4265

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Well that sucks. That is one of the things I thought was awesome when I lived there in 2002. That and going to McDonalds and watching the servers literally run around getting you your order.

·
Registered
101 Posts
True. After the first mishap of gas all over the tank, I made it a point to do it myself and everyone was pretty cool with it.

Yeah the attendant must pump gas thing in Oregon is odd. I found that most stations I stopped at during my yearly Exploregon trip would authorize it for me and let me do the rest. Liked it better that way.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Oh, that makes me sad.. it was one of those things that i loved about the place. My last time there was 2000 and i was in Nagoya. I really liked it there

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.