Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put 'em on today. I think they may have a slightly softer ride than the Pirelli Rosso II's. The Pirelli's had 5600 miles on them and were flat spotted to the WB's in back, and cupped out in the front. Handled pretty poorly that last 1k they were on. Lasted about as expected, and worked very nicely first 3k. I'll let you know how these Sport Touring tires work out.

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
You have already worn down the OEM tires on a monster 1200? Way to go man

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Zodom. It's been a fun summer of riding. I rode 10% of the tread off in one day last week going from Silverton, CO, to El Paso, TX! Plan on visiting AZ, Central TX, and Big Bend in the next few months, so l'm looking forward to seeing how these new skins do.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a PR 3 on the front of my BMW and will be getting the back replaced soon. Just having the front has made a world of difference. Nothing worse than bad tires. The back Dunlop is too new to replace and mixing doesn't seem to be a problem but then it is a touring BMW not a Monster. I will probably put the PR 4's on my Monster when it's time.
Getting great mileage out of tires trumps racing performance for me anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Put 'em on today. I think they may have a slightly softer ride than the Pirelli Rosso II's. The Pirelli's had 5600 miles on them and were flat spotted to the WB's in back, and cupped out in the front. Handled pretty poorly that last 1k they were on. Lasted about as expected, and worked very nicely first 3k. I'll let you know how these Sport Touring tires work out.
How are the Pr4's going?

Will be needing new tyres soon and am undecided as to whether to go for the Pr4's or Angle GT's.

I have been happy with Rosso II's though, great grip and feed back, just not that long life.

Have had Pr3's on an old bike and found them okay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am finding the Diablo Rosso feel too imprecise - seem to grip ok but not great feel

Any update on the feel of PR4s?

·
Registered
15 Posts
No reply so I went for Metzler Roadtec01. They have a lovely profile, it rolls into turns easily and I am slimming down the chicken strips :) 15mm so far

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just replaced my rear MP4 with a new one... got about 8K miles out of it and the threads were not even showing yet... just saying..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have pr4 on my monster and vfr. It's great tires. Good balance of grip and life. Angle GT is for heavy adv machines. Monster doesn't need it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts