Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone!

Been lurking on this forum for a while now as a guest and now I am finally able to join as a Ducati owner.

I have been off bikes now for about three months after I offloaded my Gsx-r 1000 K7.

Before selling the gixxer I was able to test ride a clean 07 1098 S - needless to say I was hooked.

List of bikes include:

Gsx-R 1000 K7
Gsx-R 750 K7
Gsx-R 1000 K6
Gsx-R 600 K1
Gsx-R 400 GK76

I think there is some common denominator there but cant seem to put my finger on it?

Over and above that I have many road kms and track kms under the belt. Tracks include kyalami, Phakisa, Redstar and Zwartkops.

Deciding to make a change from the Jap scrap was what I needed to keep a keen interest in biking. I like to turn spanners on my own bikes and so on. I grew tired if turning spanners on what is essentially very similar designs.

I have just finalized a deal on a clean 08 1098 in red. A bit more mileage on it than I would like but its not a serious issue. Some tasty extras on it as is.

Currently she is at Ducati Randburg with a well known Ducati mechanic. A full major is being done on her and they are also rectifying the stalling issue.

Due to Work commitments I am only able to take delivery end of the month.......so I am counting the days at the moment.

Looking forward to sharing knowledge and stories but mostly learning all I need to about the Ducati brand and the 1098 range!

Cheers for now!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! Thanks man.

Glad to be making a change.

Counting the days until the end of the month!

Its been a long three months!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome. I to am an ex Japanese sportbike addict. I am now a recovering Ducati holic! I will say I had a K6 Gixxer 1000 heavily modified and that thing brought a smile to my face every time I cracked the throttle. Rode an S1000 recently and thought it was tame in comparison.
Post up some photos.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome. I to am an ex Japanese sportbike addict. I am now a recovering Ducati holic! I will say I had a K6 Gixxer 1000 heavily modified and that thing brought a smile to my face every time I cracked the throttle. Rode an S1000 recently and thought it was tame in comparison.
Post up some photos.
Oddly enough, it was the same model Suzuki and a truck which broke my shoulder! LOL!

Must say that so far the transformation to becoming a Ducatista has been a rather smooth one.

I found that the 1098 S in terms of handling was more superior that then big Gixxers, straightline speed is a different story obviously.

None the less though, I am looking forward into doing something very different from my norm.

Will post up pics when I take delivery, here is something in the meantime though.

Also a pic of the last Gixxer I owned.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would say handling wise the Ducati 1098 has it in spades and also in looks. The gixxer is a great bike and one of the most fun I have ever owned.
Like the color scheme on yours.
The Duc in red very nice!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would say handling wise the Ducati 1098 has it in spades and also in looks. The gixxer is a great bike and one of the most fun I have ever owned.
Like the color scheme on yours.
The Duc in red very nice!
Have to agree with regards to the handling.

I have also found that the Duc gives more feedback and feels a bit more 'alive'

The gixxer was a laugh in a straightline, they were all relatively faultless.....but over and above that, they were all the same.

Thanks for the compliment. Looking forward to this change!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greeting ....
This is my Duca )))

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts