Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paid off my Triumph and decided to pull the trigger on to the bike I've been wanting since I started riding motorcycles! :)

Note: no person went into that hipster store. I may have walked into the nail place....(it was the dude who drove the Ferrari I promise (ok it wasn't him)).

·
Registered
564 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! The 1198 was truly the last of it's kind, you'll love it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congratulations! Are you in Vegas??

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Cool.. nice find, the SP is an excellent choice -

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's a great first choice! You will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I can't say enough about how much I love this thing. I do have bad news for the bike, the other day I almost got hit by someone doing a U-turn while I was on a right turning lane merging into traffic. It wasn't at a light, I was leaving a shopping mall and the person who almost hit me was right in front of me in the turn lane that was meant to turn into the shopping mall.

As I was turning right into traffic the other dude did a U-turn and almost hit me, I pulled in the clutch and brakes firmly and the bike was already leaned over to the right. I put my right leg down, but I couldn't get the bike upright. I gave it everything I could but eventually my leg gave out and I had to lay the bike down. Although I have to say it was really gentle.

There's only a small set of scratches on the upper right of the fairing near the middle. No scratches on the tank, the rear brake pedal is bent in a bit, and the clutch cover has a small scratch on the bottom. But that's it. I got really lucky.

The driver? As I saw my bike laying on the ground I looked up over at him and the passenger and put my arms so as to say "WTF!!". He just shrugged and drove away. Didn't even bother to help. Luckily the person behind me helped me get the bike up.

I'll post pictures. I took it to Irish Mike's Performance shop and it just needs paint work, a new rear brake pedal and if I want a new clutch cover.

I was so pissed. And it makes sense since I barely have ad it a week. :(

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a clutch cover that's custom and says 1198 on it ! I bought it from the UK two yrs ago and since bought a even more open one its just collecting dust if your interested ?

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have the 1198 sp stock one too if you want to keep the stock look !

·
Registered
2 Posts
new to Ducati

my first Ducati 09 1198...yesterday I had bought it with 2900 mi. and in very good shape. I do notice clutch noise while in being pulled in but ok in gear, the dealer said it was a trademake of this maker. I do like this bike,tremendoius pick up,did I mention that I do like this bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts