Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi, welcome to the clan..!

In a word, no. The OEM cans have a cat in them and afair, the standard ecu is needed for them to work properly and not burn out (extra fueling from memory).

I'm sure someone will be along for a better explanation, but as I understand it if you want to put the standard exhausts back on, you'll need the standard ecu..

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hi guys, I just bought a 2010 1198 model. Its has termi slip on and race ecu. Is it ok if I change back to stock exhaust without changing back to stock ecu?
May I ask why you want to run a race ECU with factory exhaust system? ..

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Welcome!

Yea, you gotta go back to stock ECU with the stock exhaust. There is too much unburned fuel being let into the exhaust with the RACE ECU for the catalyst, it will destroy them.

DB killers are one way to quiet the bike down if you're concerned about noise level.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
If you are refitting the stock exhaust you will definitely need the stock ECU.

And the servo motor and cables to operate the EXUP valve. You need the stock ECU to make this functional.

Plus (as others have mentioned) the performance ECUs deliver more fuel, and will cause problems for the catalyst mufflers.

You will be disappointed in the performance loss going back to the stock system. It will have a 'stutter' in delivery about 3,500 RPM.

Which country are you in which mandates the stock exhaust? There may be others on here from the same part of the world who can offer other solutions..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.