Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How's everyone doing on here? I've been lurking for a few days. A close friend of mine has an unabused 2012 848evo with just under 4k. I'm probably going to purchase it off of him once the adjuster comes for my r6. Are there anything I need to be aware of? I found out the timing belt, first it has one...didn't know that and 2nd it needs to be changed at 7500miles. Can't wait to hop on that Italian goddess and let her take me for a ride.

From this:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Ouch. Glad to know you were wearing full gear and are OK man.
At least it wasn't that 848 you're talking about right?
Go for it man, you'll never look back afterward brother!

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Sux about smashing up your bike but.......opens door for something different. The 848 is a rock solid machine. A few tweaks to the suspension for your weight and you'll be carving in no time. I came from every Gixxer made to the 848 and now I can't even throw a leg over anything that doesn't have a v-twin in it. Even my brand new Triumph Daytona 675 triple doesn't give me the thrill my 848 does. Can't wait to get her back on the road.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ouch.
At least it wasn't that 848 you're talking about right?
Go for it man, you'll never look back afterward brother!
Nope, my r6. My baby girl all my blood sweat and tears. Can't wait to get an 848 and do some mods to it! That's TST tail is sexxxyyy.

Also, the dry clutch conversion? Is there a purpose to it other than looks?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sux about smashing up your bike but.......opens door for something different. The 848 is a rock solid machine. A few tweaks to the suspension for your weight and you'll be carving in no time. I came from every Gixxer made to the 848 and now I can't even throw a leg over anything that doesn't have a v-twin in it. Even my brand new Triumph Daytona 675 triple doesn't give me the thrill my 848 does. Can't wait to get her back on the road.
Thanks man. A little banged up but glad to be alive and upright. There's no note like a v-twin that's for sure! wish exhausts weren't so damn expensive lol.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
The dry clutch is simply for the "Ducati" experience. Ducati has since gone to a wet clutch.

Exhausts can be expensive but the rewards in sound and weight savings is worth it. I happen to know a fellow with a pair of used new style Termi's with ceramic coated mid pipes for around $800.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Well. There's a bit more to a dry clutch than a Ducati experience my friend.
I do miss it a lot on my Tricolore but the wet one performs well.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Ouch! Sucks about the crash, looks like you had a lot of time and money into that R6. But at least you weren't injured!

Reactions: DucDucGoose24

·
Registered
322 Posts
I made the switch from an r6 to an 848. You won't be disappointed. There will be a little difference on the handling but adjust the sag to you and you will fee one with the bike, more so than ever on the r6.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Coming from an r6 and r1 myself. You will be happy once you make some changes to suspension and ergonomics. 848 is a great bike just a completely different feel and takes getting used to.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Safety first .. glad that no injuries occurred as a result of the accident.

The 848 is a quality bike, I'm sure once you test ride one you'll be hooked.

Don't spend too much time worrying about wet and dry clutches; both perform just fine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ouch. I made the leap from r6 to 848. No regrets.
im sure I won't have any either.

This is just my opinion of course....I own both an 848 with the we clutch and an 1198 with a dry clutch....

Do not ruin your perfect 848 by putting in a stupid dry clutch.
haha. It's not cheap enough mod to even see if I like it.

I made the switch from an r6 to an 848. You won't be disappointed. There will be a little difference on the handling but adjust the sag to you and you will fee one with the bike, more so than ever on the r6.
will do! Now that I'm more seasoned I know what to do first. Most riders never touch their suspension. So squid.

Coming from an r6 and r1 myself. You will be happy once you make some changes to suspension and ergonomics. 848 is a great bike just a completely different feel and takes getting used to.
i bet. I saw him ride away on it when he first got it, he didn't look to stable. But he was pretty new. Can't wait to scoop it up and start buying some parts!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Don't worry about the dry clutch conversion. It's really just for looks and shits and giggles...and it sounds cool (though that's pretty subjective).

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
138 Posts
There's no note like a v-twin that's for sure! wish exhausts weren't so damn expensive lol.
$50 in parts and some elbow grease will get you cored and cat-less cans. Sound almost exactly like Termignoni's. Leave the DBkiller-like inner tube in and you will be rewarded with a quiet idle and thunderous roar under acceleration. Just wished they looked like termi's now...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do it..

Had them all, gixxers, R1's, 749S (dry clutch).. Thought I would never go back to Ducati after my 749.. (service costs, reliability, etc... A couple of Jap bikes later and I end up getting a 2013 848 evo.. Sexiest bike I have ever owned, gets the most attention, feels like you are driving an exotic.. Wet clutch feels better to me, sounds meaner in my opinion.. Get the Duc, you will never look back..

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.