Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say hello. I am new to the forum and to the Ducati family. Back in 1994 I saw a 916 on the showroom floor and got the sales brochure. I had that laminated and have had it on my wall ever since. I said way back then that Ducati is my dream bike and one day I would get one. I have owned a number of American V Twins and I thrilled to be the owner of a 2008 1098s. I got it at Bloodworth in Nashville with 7500 miles on it. It is in perfect shape, has Termis and a few other nice extras on it. Couldn't get the smile off my face riding it home to Huntsville, AL yesterday. Glad to be part of the forum. Looking forward to learning and sharing my learnings.

Attachments

·
Court Jester
12,080 Posts
Welcome aboard, sweet ride!

Reactions: ALDuc

·
Registered
543 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

Good choice on bike and dealerships...I would not recommend the dealer in Bham...I purchased a bike for my wife from Bloodworth (600RR...hey, its cheaper to fix and its her first sport bike...Ducati comes next) 2 weeks ago and could not have been more happy with that whole experience, in and out in less than an hour, no pressure and no bullshit additional costs added the the purchase price. Also, I checked with them on service while I was there, their prices are WAY better than anyone closer...quoted me $800 for the 7500 mile, $1000 if they had to replace parts and adjust valves...Bham dealer wants $1800+ for the same service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CorseRob, I am very impressed with Bloodworth. I met Mike in the service department and he seems very knowledgeable. It was a good experience all around.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Welcome... Little Talladega is just done the road...as is Barber...Gr8 tracks in Alabama...pretty good football team....just sayin...

·
Administrator
2,954 Posts
Welcome... Little Talladega is just done the road...as is Barber...Gr8 tracks in Alabama...pretty good football team....just sayin...
Man, you had me til you went all football about it! :D :stickpoke GO DAWGS. /discussion. :D

Welcome to the forum, Al. We have a lot of fun around here...or at least I do :)

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Welcome. I too fell in love with Ducati when I first saw the 916. Promised myself I would own one right then and there and I didn't even know what it was at the time! It took me twelve years to realise the dream but I got there. Congratulations on achieving yours!!!!

Reactions: ALDuc

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
The 916 is the one I fell in love with too, way back when...It took me till 2012 to own a Ducati. I owned 3 MV Agustas before I ever bought a Ducati. Now Im on my 3rd, will buy more. I will buy MV again as well.

·
Court Jester
12,080 Posts
Had to make sure I new what one looked like. I like it but I'm bias to the modern look.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts