Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor has it that the next host of top gear
Is going to be none other than guy Martin.
I love the guy as the last of the real privateers,
But holy cow, they're gonna need subtitles.
(and yes, I know he has sponsors, but he builds
His own engines and drives his own van to
The track).

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Rumor has it that the next host of top gear
Is going to be none other than guy Martin.
I love the guy as the last of the real privateers,
But holy cow, they're gonna need subtitles.
(and yes, I know he has sponsors, but he builds
His own engines and drives his own van to
The track).
Seriously??? I hope it's not true....mainly because I'd have mixed emotions. I don't believe anyone can replace Clarkson and continue on with the show just as well (especially since James May said he wouldn't continue on the show without Clarkson), and I probably won't watch it anymore, but on the other hand I like Guy Martin. But you're right that nobody would understand what he's saying lol...he's an awesome guy but I just don't see him as a show host for the greatest car show ever made!

I wouldn't mind having a new show though similar to Top Gear but about motorcycles hosted by Guy! :D

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Top gear is dead, they will have an all-new show starting next season.

The regular top gear crew AND producer, have sealed a deal with another company to produce a new show, which will obviously replace the old show since everyone watches for Clarkson.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I still think it's BS they're not airing the remaining episodes they had filmed. All that hype and talk about P1, 918 Spyder, and LaFerrari and now we don't get to see which is faster! And McLaren still won't release the lap time they did at the Ring in the P1! Sometimes I just don't get these manufacturers...smh!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
If it were a band, say status quo.. Can you replace all the members at the same time and expect the status quo to remain?

Good as dead.

Bit like grandpa's axe I reckon

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yep, they all quit and are starting an all-new show.

The BBC retains the name "Top Gear", so there will be an all-new show with that name, with an all-new cast. However, Clarkson and co will be producing an all-new show.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
If you follow Guy Martin on FB you will see that he laughs at the idea. From what I gather nobody has even approached him about it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
well that just sucks. first they tried and american version of top gear and now this.. I guess it could be worse... could be stuck watching the aussie version where every car also doubles as a truck...:D

·
Registered
438 Posts
just looking at those 3 JK,PG, GM. looks like they took a page out of the american set up as far as 1 is a racer and 1 a funny man. I think I seen JK on an episode driving a mini-van on the nuremberg race track though and she can drive.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Clarkson was a cockhead anyway.

Hey.... now that gives me an idea.

Tye would be the perfect replacement.
Wouldn't work...Tye hates the Brits, remember? But I reckon he'd be punched in the face within a week by a co-worker :p

Reactions: Aussie_Bob

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
just looking at those 3 JK,PG, GM. looks like they took a page out of the american set up as far as 1 is a racer and 1 a funny man. I think I seen JK on an episode driving a mini-van on the nuremberg race track though and she can drive.
You're thinking of Sabine Schmitz.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Wouldn't work...Tye hates the Brits, remember? But I reckon he'd be punched in the face within a week by a co-worker :p
No, I dislike drunks. Unfortunately there are a lot of british drunks, some of them even frequent this forum!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Yes mate - keep the offensive racist generalisations coming.

And you wonder why you are so disliked, as you write off yet another nation represented by so many members here..

Have you actually ever been to Britain ('British' normally spelt with a capital..)? No, I thought not.

But don't worry - none of the rules of forum interaction that apply to everyone else apply to you.

Carry on..

:jerkoff:

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
You're thinking of Sabine Schmitz.
Now SHE was impressive.

So pretty, and so fast!

Probably faster around the long circuit in a Transit van (I think?) than all of us on our bikes.

Well, except for Tye on his skilfully-piloted KTM, obviously!

:naughty:

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Meantime, back on topic.. :D

It was sad that Top Gear came to an end. Those three certainly had a 'chemistry' that was eminently watchable.

Very funny, and very informative. And some real insights into cars we will never own. Kind of gave us a vicarious opportunity to drive Ferraris/Astons/McLarens etc.

And if we did get to own them, we would be loath to treat them like that. So we got to share in some of the fun, with none of the risk!

But it sounds like they'll be back together in a new programme. And the new Top Gear will probably fade into obscurity.

Like the Australian version. Thanks for reminding us about that! Pretty embarrassing attempt. Helped us to understand that those three couldn't be replaced without the show descending into crap.

But let's not forget that Clarkson, for all his intelligence and wit, is one very prejudiced individual. Including an often-stated hatred of motorcycles.

And he wasn't always such a good friend to his two mates either, although it's difficult to know where the reality ended, and the construct started..

:eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts