Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Lots of configurations and elevation change by the looks of it.

Is this a new complex to be constructed or an existing one?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks fast and seems to have a short track and a long track .
This is all a brand new track Bob .

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Looks like it's going to be a awesome facility. Did you check out all the tracks and infrastructure listed on the right side of the layout ?

Better buy a weekender out that way Wilks :D

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like it's going to be a awesome facility. Did you check out all the tracks and infrastructure listed on the right side of the layout ?

Better buy a weekender out that way Wilks :D
Sure did . Seems to have a lot going on about a 11 hour drive for you Poss .

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
This is a pretty interesting prospect.

It's in a bit of an isolated spot, and without being negative I would have concerns about exposure to the wind, as I mentioned when we last discussed this.

That weather exposure is also an issue at Mallala, which is likewise in the middle of some very flat country without a lot of trees.

The proposed complex is on the site of the old Mitsubishi test track, but it looks like it may not be using much of the original circuit.

Not so much elevation changes Bob. It's pretty flat out there. It's on the corner of the turn off from the Melbourne road to the Mallee Highway to Lameroo etc.

Let's hope it comes to fruition. We haven't really had a national standard of circuit since Virginia was closed.

Nearest town is Tailem Bend, about 7 kms away. I worked up there for a while. It is a town in decline, so a project like this could be good for the local economy.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This is a pretty interesting prospect.

It's in a bit of an isolated spot, and without being negative I would have concerns about exposure to the wind, as I mentioned when we last discussed this.

That weather exposure is also an issue at Mallala, which is likewise in the middle of some very flat country without a lot of trees.

The proposed complex is on the site of the old Mitsubishi test track, but it looks like it may not be using much of the original circuit.

Not so much elevation changes Bob. It's pretty flat out there. It's on the corner of the turn off from the Melbourne road to the Mallee Highway to Lameroo etc.

Let's hope it comes to fruition. We haven't really had a national standard of circuit since Virginia was closed.

Nearest town is Tailem Bend, about 7 kms away. I worked up there for a while. It is a town in decline, so a project like this could be good for the local economy.
The track will be new and the spot where the track is situated has elevation it won't be a flat track .
Exposure to the wind will not be a issue compared to PI . http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/...g=ALL&normals_years=allYearOfData&staticPage=
It's happening Pat work starts soon .

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Not so much elevation changes Bob. ......
I was looking at the contour lines on the map. After a closer look it may not be as much as I first thought. Maybe 10m overall on the larger track. Yeh, not flat but definitely not as 'hilly' as some.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was looking at the contour lines on the map. After a closer look it may not be as much as I first thought. Maybe 10m overall on the larger track. Yeh, not flat but definitely not as 'hilly' as some.
Doesn't take much to put a little elevation into a track .
EC is quite flat with minor elevation . Hidden Valley flat as a tack .
Mac Park is flat with one little hill in it but all these tracks are still fun .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts