Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have been quietly working on a little side project for the past few months i have dubbed "Brakers".

I am finally getting close enough to where i can share what that project is :)

More info and some case renders on my kickoff site: Brakers - Ducati Brake Light Signal Light for 848, 1098, 1198.

I am shooting for a launch date of Sept. 24th for my indiegogo page to try and get funding to make these lights a reality.

If anyone is interested, please just enter your email on the site and i will keep you up to date on whats happening.

Let me know what you guys think!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should have some 3d printed cases done next week and will get some videos up of the prototype unit installed on the bike.

What do you guys like/dislike about them? There is still time for small changes :)

These lights are going to be super bright and really grab drivers attention!

·
Read Only
2,524 Posts
It looks promising and I subscribed to this thread.

Definitely would like to see them mounted on a bike. And see how bright they are and if they actually add the extra visibility for the brake and turn signal on the 848,1098,1198 series.

I loved the TST light for that function.

Good-luck.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I researched that heavily before making these and confirmed they are for aesthetics from multiple trustworthy sources.

No issues with beta testing so far either, i just got some more sample units in my hands last night so hopefully i can get a pic of them somewhat hooked up on the bike today.

I still need to 3D print the cases so that might be a day or so out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could you continue using your OEM turn signals with this set up? Like what you have done so far
If you wanted, you can use them on top of your existing brake and turn lights, however, some splicing would be required to have the turn signals both work. The brakes have male and female connectors so no splicing required there to use both at once.

The lights come with a wire harness that uses the OEM ducati connectors so by default NO SPLICING required :) This was one of the most important features to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI, if you ever need to do splice work I HIGHLY suggest using these 'posi-tap' connectors.Posi-Tap- No Crimp Tap

They are a bit pricey but they don't fuck the cable up when removed. One side has a little pin that gets poked into the wire and the other side is an open terminal you can screw up to 3 or 4 wires into.

Expensive little suckers, but worth every penny. They are reusable too.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good info. Thank you. Nice product
Still in the final stages where i can makes minor modifications so i really appreciate the feedback!!!

If everyone is asking for the same thing and its small enough i can fit it in, i assure you i will do it!

Would a separate harness with multiple OEM plugs be a product alot of you would want to see or would you just splice to the existing lights if you wanted to use both the stock and 'brakers' lights together?

848/1x98 owners are a small group of people so i want to make sure these cater to every users needs and reflect the same quality as our beautiful bikes :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like the multiple leads. Not really a fan of the OEM license plate set up, but there are few options since the exhaust sits below the brake light. I like your product because anything clean that alerts those behind me that I'm stopping/turning, can prevent getting hit

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you would make the outer shell red instead of white/clear it would blend in more. Definitely wouldn't like to see a clear or white plastic part in the vents.
Then I would lose out on the turn signal features :(

The PCB is going to be black, but good point about the clear case. Will look into a "smoked" lens :)

THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING UP GUYS!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any 2008/2009 848 owners interested in getting a free set of lights once they go into production in exchange for letting me test the lights on your bike real quick?

I am in the Boston/Worcester area and can meet at your convenience.

Shoot me a pm.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Update!!!!

I will have new modules and wire harnesses in 2-3 weeks to give out to 3 lucky people for testing (pretty much everything except the cases for the circuit boards).

1 - 848 2008/2009 Year
1 - 1098 any year
1 - 1198 any year

Would prefer to give them in person so if you are in MA/RI/CT area (i am in central mass) and want to get a set of test lights let me know, you have priority over the rest of the world to get a test unit.

- Must be able and willing to remove exhaust and under-tail heat shield to get access to brake/turn indicator plugs to connect the lights.
- Agree to keep all testing results and product details confidential (will have to sign an NDA saying you wont disclose anything about the product)

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.