Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I will soon be buying either the 2015 Monster or Diavel. Fortunately and unfortunately I still have not decided which. However I am leaning much closer to the 1200 Monster now that I have read that for 2015 the bars were raised slightly to make the seating a bit more comfortable. This is what I liked about the Diavel. Unfortunately I only sat on a 2014 Monster.

My main question is which dealer. I have been to one big one in Long Island but after reading a few reviews about service I am very concerned. Once I purchase a motorcycle I want to make sure that I can have a relationship with the dealer especially for service.

What is the best dealer in New York. I prefer Long Island but I will buy from NYC if it is a better service center.

Help guys please.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Unfortunately, cant say that there's one dealer that stands in front of the others. I believe that your choices are limited to Gold Coast and the downtown Manhattan dealership. Most of them will kill you with kindness if your buying a bike, service is another story. You are at the mercy of the techs and service manager.

I'd ask to speak with the general manager of the dealership before your purchase. Address your concerns, and see what reaction you get, if any. It could be a bunch of lip service -but if you feel the GM genuinely cares and will get involved if problems occur, than that's your dealership.. otherwise take your business else where. There are a few in dealers in Westchester county if you don't mind traveling my friend. Best of luck you ! ..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Go over the bridge into Metuchen, NJ.
Cross Country Ducati.

I cannot praise their service dept, specifically the service manager Ryan enough. This is how a dealer should operate (when they make a mistake they own it).

And the guys that work there play around on the race track.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Cross Country Ducati.

I cannot praise their service dept, specifically the service manager Ryan enough. This is how a dealer should operate (when they make a mistake they own it).

How long have you been a customer of this facility?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I bought my first Ducati from them last year.
I will use them for any other Ducati purchases moving forward.

I had a thread detailing the issues with my bike (bought it used), and how the dealer took care of the problems. They missed several things on the bike when they took it on trade, but the fact that they made the necessary repairs, and defended me with Ducati meant a lot to me.

There were things they could have done better initially, but in the end they did the right thing for me.

And its fun as hell chasing Ryan around at Thunderbolt when he is on his Monster!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cross Country Ducati.

Identical experience. Bought sf848 that was stalling. They escalated immediately to Ducati of America, bypassed environmental stuff and runs like it should. I have a BMW S1000R I bought from them and am thrilled with their service. I also have a deposit on a Scrambler with them.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Cross Country Ducati.

I just picked up a Ducati 821 from Cross Country. The whole thing couldn't have been easier. They do all of my service on the Ducati's and my BMW.

Pjk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New Jersey is s bit far guys I wanted something close. Hopefully somebody has some feed back on the Long Island dealers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my "local" dealer is 170 miles one way! lucky for me it is Ducati Omaha the sales and service are awesome. Jarel, Gabe, and Matt will take care of you

·
Registered
543 Posts
I ride from Birmingham to Atlanta to get my service work done by Ducshop...an hour across a bridge seems like a good deal to me if it means excellent customer service. But that's just my opinion...My local (20 miles away) dealership is great in sales and parts, but their service department leave much to be desired and charges so much that I refuse to use them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get you I was more worried about a breakdown were I had to have the bike transported to dealer. I want to have a good relationship with a dealer right from the start. Most times that only happens with the purchase. I was hoping I could get some feedback on Supermoto.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.