Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as the title states I am a newbee to this site and let me introduce myself... in a nutshell....I am now a proud owner of at Hypermotard 2013 Ducati 821cc. My first ducati owned.

I have a question that I would be very grateful if the existing owners of the above hypermotard model could help with. Can the ducatidiag, or other free software available to download can reset the service light on these models? I am quite competent and computer literate but we do not have any dealers where I live so the above question is just so that I can do the DIY Servicing and mainly reset the Mil light. Warrenty is not an issue here. Just need to know the following:

a) If its possible f or this model?
B) What would be the best software?
C) what leads do I need to purchase.

I would be most grateful for the gurus on this site to assist. I have search the forum but cannot find any clear answer to my question.

Thanks in advance for reading the thread.

·
Registered
581 Posts
So I will go ahead and chip in here although I am a superbike guy (848, 1098s and now 1199S)

IF the hypermotard uses the IAW5AM ecu then both GuzziDiag (A better version of Ducati Diag), Scan M5x (Android app), and IAW5m reader and writer will work for the bike. All of these can clear the service light and reset the TPS. As far as leads it would depend on what setup you go with.

ducatidiag is all but dead and the more buggy version is called jpdiag. I abandoned it in lieu of the guzzi diag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi...I am sure the superbikes are full of joy...I found the equal joy out of motocross, age kicked in and had to move to supermoto. :-(

As far as I am aware the hypermotard 821cc has a 7SM Marelli ECU from reading literature? Do you know if this model of ecu is correct?

I am new so any software would be fine. as long as it does service reest, TPS and read error codes. from your experience what would be the best to cover these tasks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi...I am sure the superbikes are full of joy...I found the equal joy out of motocross, age kicked in and had to move to supermoto. :-(

As far as I am aware the hypermotard 821cc has a 7SM Marelli ECU from reading literature? Do you know if this model of ecu is correct?

I am new so any software would be fine. as long as it does service reest, TPS and read error codes. from your experience what would be the best to cover these tasks.
my hypermotard ECU is a IAW75SM. can someone please help and point me in the right direction to what is the correct cable to buy. I only want to reset the service light and tps.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts