Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I'd be curious to know as well. Never tried one on yet. I only know 1 guy that owns one (because he's sponsored by Nexx), so I'll have to ask him next time I see him...but that could be awhile.

Reactions: Gunny Fitz

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
what ever happened to him??

·
Registered
252 Posts
I tried one on at a local dealership. Although fairly light in weight, I didn't care for the inner lining and padding. It seemed kind of thin. I can imagine after wearing it for longger rides it'd probablt get uncomfortable. IMO.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a Nexx XR1R Carbon and it is the lightest helmet, the view port is no joke huge. I think the padding is plenty thick and noise is way less than my agv. It seriously feels like you are out wearing a helmet when looking through the clear visor. My eyebrows get in the way before the edges of the helmet do. Some will complain that you have to use tools to remove the visor, really? But then again I don't swap visors that often, so what do I know. Anyway I think fit and finish are awesome. Hope this helps a bit.

Reactions: Gunny Fitz

·
Administrator
2,935 Posts
As I always do, I have to ask "what type of head shape does it cater to?". I have what Arai calls a "Long Oval", and anything that's rounder than that I just can't wear...too painful on the crown of my forehead.

·
Registered
880 Posts
As I always do, I have to ask "what type of head shape does it cater to?". I have what Arai calls a "Long Oval", and anything that's rounder than that I just can't wear...too painful on the crown of my forehead.
Me too. I tried on a Nexx at a local dealer and can echo what the poster above stated. Padding seemed thin. e.g. when I tried on an Arai, it felt more "plush". Of course, the correct long-oval fit may have been the biggest factor in the difference in feel/ fit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
These ones look nice. I think W.A.R. (We All Ride) motorsports have these. Gonna try em out before heading out to surf tomorrow. If they feel better and lighter than the Kali's its the xr2 vortex green for me. Prices are fair. AGV Pista is too expensive and anything's better than Icon.
Looks like they have cheek pads to reduce noise big time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts