Ducati.org forum banner

NJ post here !!!

17K views 52 replies 20 participants last post by  vanslam 
#1 ·
Hi !!!

I'm from Northern NJ and new to 1098 forum !!! :moped:

#7 ·
pegolas said:
Hey guys. I just signed up. Put my deposit on my new 1098 on Friday. Currently living in Brooklyn, NY.
btw- Witam panowie. ;-)
Welcome to the forum !!!!! " Witam " !!!! :)

#10 ·
racerx196 said:
I do lessons with mike himmelsbach......
racerx

Did you buy your bike at Martin Eurosports? Have you taken delivery yet? Mike and his Dad, Bill, are great guys. Are you doing the upcoming track day with Martin Eurosports?

I bought my bike from Martin's. Even though there's several Ducati dealerhsips closer to home, I drive the extra distance so that Bill can wrench my bikes. He's simply the best. None of the 1098s he set up are stalling. Everybody up there is top notch.

JATPOL,

you posted a while back about being new to NJ, (Fort Dix, if I recall?), and asking about good roads to ride on. I live in Philly but keep my bikes in Hopewell NJ. We ride every Sunday. We meet at the Brass Ring on Rt. 31, just north of Rt. 518, at 9:00 A.M. Nice rides up into Hunterdon and upper Bucks Counties. Feel free to join us any Sunday you can get away. You'll find me easy. I'll be on the 1098S with the tricked out clutch!!, (or a 907ie if I'm feeling mellow.)

Peace, Elton

#11 · (Edited)
mrinflux said:
JATPOL,

you posted a while back about being new to NJ, (Fort Dix, if I recall?), and asking about good roads to ride on. I live in Philly but keep my bikes in Hopewell NJ. We ride every Sunday. We meet at the Brass Ring on Rt. 31, just north of Rt. 518, at 9:00 A.M. Nice rides up into Hunterdon and upper Bucks Counties. Feel free to join us any Sunday you can get away. You'll find me easy. I'll be on the 1098S with the tricked out clutch!!, (or a 907ie if I'm feeling mellow.)

Peace, Elton

I'd like to check that area out. The farthest I usually go up is Rt.519 above NewHope. Let me know when you guys are headding out, maybe I'll swing by. I guess PM would be best. I never seem to get email notification from this board.

-Keith

#12 ·
Living at McGuire

I am brand new to the area. Just moved from New Mexico. Haven't even put a mile on my new 1098 (base). Had shoulder surgery (low sided racing, ran out of race track). Bike will be delivered on Weds. Very much looking forward to getting the break in done and doing some serious riding. Hope to hear from anyone who would like to join me. Kevin

#13 ·
racerx196 said:
heu guys was wondering if any of you guys did track days at all or just the street. I am a coach with www.nesba.com , www.absolutecycle.com , and i also do lessons with mike himmelsbach......

if anyone is interested let me know its always fun to go to the track with friends more the merrier right.... be safe out there
I'm actually waiting for a 999S track bike I bought from a guy in Texas. When it arrives I would like to join you at the track. What part of Jersey are you from? I'm in Bergen County.

#14 ·
Sunday rides in Hunterdon and Bucks Counties

Malevolent Monster said:
I'd like to check that area out. The farthest I usually go up is Rt.519 above NewHope. Let me know when you guys are headding out, maybe I'll swing by.
Keith,

We meet every Sunday at 9:00 a.m., at the Brass Ring, in Hopewell Township, on Rt. 31, just north of Rt. 518. You can't miss it. There's usually 50 to 75 bikes in the parking lot, depending on the weather. No invitation needed. Just show up. We have breakfast and then we go for a ride. Great roads.

Elton

#16 · (Edited)
mrinflux said:
Keith,

We meet every Sunday at 9:00 a.m., at the Brass Ring, in Hopewell Township, on Rt. 31, just north of Rt. 518. You can't miss it. There's usually 50 to 75 bikes in the parking lot, depending on the weather. No invitation needed. Just show up. We have breakfast and then we go for a ride. Great roads.

Elton
I was up there this weekend. Got up towards I78 and somone in our group went down. So I just turned around.Give me an address or somthing so I can google it. I'd like to take a ride with you guys. I'm always looking for new roads. :yo: BTW- this sun. looks good for me.

#17 ·
ride location

Malevolent Monster said:
Give me an address or somthing so I can google it.
Keith, (and anybody else!),

We meet every Sunday, at 9:00 a.m., at the Brass Ring, located on Rt. 31, 200 meters north of Rt. 518, in Hopewell Township. Google the intersection of Rt. 31 and Rt. 518. There's always 50 to 75 bikes out front. You can't miss it. We eat breakfast and then go for a ride. I'll be beating the droolers of my 1098 w/ a sitck. Come up and introduce yourself.

Elton

#20 ·
Once the weather clears up, every wednesday at around 8 theres a bike meet in the FUDRUCKERS parking lot on Rt.1 in New Brunswick. Ive seen a 916 as well as a 996 there once, and also a red 1098 one other time. Ill be there pretty much every week, hope to see you all there as well!

Come on SPRING!!

#24 ·
I wish the weekend were lookin better!!! Still lookin for first nice weekend. :(
Saturday

Apr 12
Sprinkles Hi: 61° Lo: 45°
Definite light rain with patchy fog. High 61F and low 45F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
80%Sunday

Apr 13
Sprinkles Hi: 54° Lo: 40°
Chance of light rain showers. High 54F and low 40F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
40%

#31 · (Edited)
Sunday ride

mrinflux........ Flemington here,have to stop one day and go for ride,dont I see you on MV forum?
Black Sable,

Yeah, that's me on the MV forum. I have an F4 also.

Weather permitting, we meet every Sunday morning at 9:00a.m. at the Brass Ring, on Rt. 31 South, just north of the Rt. 518 intersection. You, (and everybody else!), are welcome to join us. If you're in Flemington, you're only 5 mins away. You can't miss it; you'll see all the bikes in the parking lot. Come on over and introduce yourself.

Elton

#33 ·
weekend riding

Trying to see who is riding on Friday. I may take off from work. Let me know about the weekend!!!
nj,

I'm in Pittsburg this Friday, so no riding. I'm riding Saturday morning and Sunday.

Elton

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.