Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2014 monster 1200S. It's a great bike and really enjoying it.

I went for a ride today and when I was nearing the end of my trip I started to hear a squeak-like noise. The noise is noticeable at low speeds and no throttle. When I finally got home, I walked the bike around my driveway and noticed the noise coming from my front wheel/rotor. I lined up the "problem point" of my rotor to the brake caliber and slowly rolled the bike and that was exactly where the sound is coming from. There is a small vibration coming from my rotor when a certain part of the rotor lines up with the caliber.

Any ideas as to what this could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds like rotors may be warped, is there a pulsation in the front brake lever during braking? Could also be as simple as glazing on the pads/rotor.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have also had the brake dust build up on the caliper. It causes the piston the stick, and not allow the pad to release properly. It can aslo cause a pulsing feeling in the bars. You can pull your calipers off, and clean the pistons good with a tooth brush.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Could just be the bobbins are froze up. There are many videos on freeing them and cleaning them. Many of rotors have been thrown away thinking they were warped when it just needed bobbins freed

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Could be the pads are worn enough so the low brake indicaters are telling you it is time for new ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts