Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please forgive me if this is a total noob question but I cant seem to find enough space to adjust the rear shock preload. I am trying to reduce the amount of preload so I assume I have to turn the collar counter clockwise (when looking down at the shock). The only place I could find to do this right behind the frame on the left side of the bike. Using the spanner from my KW coilovers I was able to rotate the collar a bit until the spanner hit the shock reservoir. I now cant seem to get the spanner to engage the collar "teeth" again because it is not rotated enough. I keep hitting the frame.

Am I missing something? I can't imagine I need to remove the exhaust to do this preload adjustment. Is it because I am using my KW spanner? If that is the problem what should I be using?

·
Court Jester
11,738 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the reply, I really appreciate it. Those links talk about how to set preload. I am trying to figure out how to adjust the preload. From more research it seems that perhaps my KW spanner may be the issue. The front "tooth" looks a bit wider than the one I've seen for the Showa/Ohlins spanner. I think its this little bit of extra width that is preventing me from getting my spanner to engage the shock preload adjustment ring. Even if I get this correct spanner it sure seems like adjusting preload is a bitch on these bikes because there is simply very little space to do it. Its no big deal since I am getting a used TTX anyway which has hydraulic preload adjust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts