Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the bike down to Northern NSW for a week with near perfect weather. Went up and down the range all the way to the Oxley. Well what a bike the 1098 is, so easy to ride and never had that much fun before. I don't know how anyone could really nail it in the curly stuff more than my brain can compute. I find you need a couple of days straight on a bike to know them and what a lovely machine the 1098 is.
I dont know how Slob could do 960kms in a day but I know those roads he mentioned and it would be hard to stop. We do them every year on the way down to the Moto GP
Cheers
Stoz

G

·
I had a sore bum believe me, but everytime I stopped I wanted more. I love this bike and the more I get used to it the more fun I'm having. I'm glad you like it Stoz, how could you not. I'm hoping to do Kosciosko Nat. Pk. over Anzac Day holidays if the weather permits. It wont be long and winter will be here. I did u run up Mt BAw Baw last weekend, bloody goat track wet corners and loose gravel. The dragons held okay in the wet but the loose stuff sends the front ent off and scared the bejeezes out of me. 3000ks has seen my rear almost out. Reckon I'll go a 190/50/17 next as the only choice in 55 is race tyres or dunlop qualifiers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put 2500 kms on the bike down in NSW now have 3500 kms on it. I think I might get another 500kms out of the rear. Am hoping Mitchelin will bring out a 55 profile as I like the pilot powers not that the Pirelli isn't goodm just get more kms out of the mitchies and they stick well. If you change the back to a 50 profile you might have to change the front at the same time to the same profile.
We do most of our riding in winter in NQ to hot and rainy in summer that's why I always look foward to the Moto GP trip. Take a week to go down and a week back just go up and down the range all the way do about 500-600kms a day.
Cheers
Stoz
ps not hard to do a power wheelie out of the corners is it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts