Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this in the right section, Im thinking (strongley) about putting NOS on my 944 2V Ducati with 11.5 pistons. Im looking to get 120 rwhp out of it. Has anyone done this? Any first hand experience? How much am I going to end up spending? Are my goals foolish? (I just want the 2-3 second shot to keep up with the superbikes on the back straight on track days) as I have no problem keeping up with them and even stuffing them with a perfect late braking pass or faster esses flip flop. (im 360lbs wet)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Never heard of anyone running a NOS setup on a road track; seems a tad out of place. Does your track even allow it?

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
You are talking about nitrous oxide right? Like injecting NOS directly in the combustion chamber in order to get a boost?

Are you crazy?

First off, no can't do it without destroying your motor (never mind the electronics and hardware)
Second off, most likely totally illegal on the race track
Third off, where you gonna put the tank, on your back?
Forth, why? My superbike weighed 348lb and had 130rwhp… why do you want/need a 2 valve?

For drag bikes with turbo's, you can introduce NOS into the fuel stream much easier because you actually run a LOWER compression piston in those bikes. Plus comfort on a drag bike is unnecessary since your only on it for a few seconds. Most drag bikes are also being re-built constantly as a consequence of the high power output caused by the turbo and NOS.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know, thats why im asking, but no not a direct injection, more like a foger in the fuel air intake. But I dont know, every motor I have had (bought or built) was a N.A. motor. And I do have a SBK (998) and its nice with the power but to get it under 400lbs is going to take some coin.
Plus the reason I like to run a 2V on track is because I love to pass people on superbikes with my little 2V track weapon. Plus I made it from the frame up. I dont know it may just be better to drop in a 1198 motor or any 4V motor and still keep the weight down. Its the chassie the frame and set up that I want to keep.

I usto have alot more I wanted to prove, but with every year that goes by i seam to care a bit less about that and just want to have fun.

Another bike I want to put a NOS (nitrous) system on is a show bike strickle for the "cool" factor.

So perhaps its better used on a show bike for the look and as far as a track bike just wise up and buy a 848 or 1198. I guess I just ansured my own question in a way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
As long as timing is controlled...I dont see any issue why not. I would assume you would be limited to a dry system but since these are fuel injected.. a wet system might be doable. Wouldn't be the first bike on squeeze

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
So perhaps its better used on a show bike for the look and as far as a track bike just wise up and buy a 848 or 1198. I guess I just ansured my own question in a way.
attaboy.. I'd stay away from the NOS and just upgrade your bike -

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
attaboy.. I'd stay away from the NOS and just upgrade your bike -
Aah - a motor swap atleast. I still have alot of pride in a bike that I built..

What motor will fit in the same motor mounts and swingarm pivot as a 900 2V motor. (I usto have that knowledge in my head, but the times are evolving too fast for me at the moment.)

Thanks

·
Registered
886 Posts
2 fogger nozzles and a 2lb bottle, electric fuel pump to supply extra fuel to fogger nozzles, arming switch, and push to pass switch (lol) wouldn't be to hard to do. Just need a good understanding of N2O to fuel ratio and be conservative . have fun

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
Won't need a bottle if you tig seal the frame.

Lots of race cars have hidden the nos in roll cages or even the fire extinguisher.

So long as you keep it simple and don't let people see you charge the system.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Won't need a bottle if you tig seal the frame.

Lots of race cars have hidden the nos in roll cages or even the fire extinguisher.

So long as you keep it simple and don't let people see you charge the system.

might be a little hard to do with the ducati frame you need to have your N2O at 900psi and you have to siphon liquid, if you pull gas its not good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want the super charger system at first thought for the cool factor of a show bike. And my bikes arnt trailer queens. I like to show them off at 120mph + as well. and passing superbikes on a custom 2V gets people looking hard when im in the pits. So I have to make one idea for show bike strickley going for a improved cool factor. And one higher HP system for a reliable everyday track day use.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Sounds like you're pretty quick already, so think about what you want to do. You're already passing people on faster bikes with your 2V, home-built, frankenstein bike, so that's pretty cool...If you're in it for the fun only, then keep it the way it is, but if you're chasing lap times, get a different bike, something more modern with more power.

Reactions: gunther19820

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sounds like you're pretty quick already, so think about what you want to do. You're already passing people on faster bikes with your 2V, home-built, frankenstein bike, so that's pretty cool...If you're in it for the fun only, then keep it the way it is, but if you're chasing lap times, get a different bike, something more modern with more power.

Yeah, this ^^^^

Or, you could bump up to the Advanced Group. The top half of that group probably won't get in your way.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, this ^^^^

Or, you could bump up to the Advanced Group. The top half of that group probably won't get in your way.
I am in the Advanced Group lol. And still running them down in the esses and under braking and hard lean.

And in over 2 years of racing and Advanced track days I have never hit the ground, but as im about to enter it into a show and paint everything, thats tho only way to gaurenty that I will next time if not soon lol.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am in the Advanced Group lol. And still running them down in the esses and under braking and hard lean.

And in over 2 years of racing and Advanced track days I have never hit the ground, but as im about to enter it into a show and paint everything, thats tho only way to gaurenty that I will next time if not soon lol.
Gotcha ... In that case, I'd recommend the 848 ... It'll keep you from getting destroyed on the straights, but still make it a challenge to keep up with the really fast guys on liter bikes.

I love mine!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts