Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
They didn't lie about anything though...I'm betting the Panigale covers in multiple colors are that price just as it says...it just so happened that they put that immediately after the cool clear cover, and they didn't list a price for that :p

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Yeah......I fell prey to that one several months ago. I was all excited that the clear set up for my bike had come waaaaay down in price. Go on the site and sure enough the cover is cheap but the casting for my bike is still super expensive!! I cried like a baby for days!!

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
909 Posts
it's just a shady way to do business .

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Hahahaha I remember Canadian Tire did that and had a tent advertised at a silly low price and my mom goes in to purchase it and waits till the store opens and is first in, goes to camping and the shelf area is empty. Call the associate over who has no explanation so calls the store manager over. By the time the store manager comes it's been 45mins and the store manager proceeds to tell my mom that the last one sold just 20 minutes ago. The associate smirks and rolls her eyes and my mom proceeds to calmly tell the store manager that SHE was first in the door and has been arguing with the associate since the store opened.

Store manager got my mom the next up tent for the silly price the other one was advertised for!!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Gotta get customers' attention--part of advertising. Honestly I didn't see they did anything wrong..they did state "starting at" with the clutch cover only...not including the casing.

Gotta read through the whole thing...lol "Starting at"

Just like those small fine prints when the dealer said "$10000 off on such and such trucks"

·
Registered
331 Posts
Went to buy some windshield wash at Walmart a few years back... Advertised price was a great deal. Went to the store with my son and each had a cart. Loaded up the carts and proceeded to the check out... We were told it was a 2 case limit. We had 10 cases. I asked for the store manager. Was told that the 2 case limit was store policy. I was livid! Nowhere in the ad, nor on any signage in the store that let the shopper know that there was a 2 case limit. I wouldn't have bothered if it was only 2 cases... :mad:

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
$600 just to see the clutch assembly spin round??? :confused:
Hell yeah! Of course! haha...that's been the greatest thing about Ducatis (the dry clutch ones), and now they've done the same thing for we clutch bikes since they saw that lots of people made that mod on their dry clutch bikes. Of course it's a lot cheaper that way...I paid $120 for my open cover. I would never pay $600 though.

Reactions: Grandpa_Bambu
1 - 20 of 31 Posts