Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just for giggles I emailed Ducati and queried about the number of Corse SE's that were sold in the US (having seen very few others in person). Today I received an answer and the numbers really surprised me (especially since these numbers are global). The email is as follows:

"With reference to your request, the number of 848 evo Corse SE produced worldwide in 2012/13 are 2,334; 1547 produced in 2012 and 787 in 2013.

I remain at your disposal.

Kindest regards and happy new year,
Sofia

Customer Service
Ducati Motor Holding Spa
Borgo Panigale – Italy"

·
Registered
543 Posts
I am also a proud owner of one of the 787 SE's produced. Wonder how many there are remaining?... (considering how hard my insurance company tried to total mine out for cosmetic damage...)
Have drooled over Ducati bikes for years and finally pulled the trigger...don't regret it for a second. Not only do I have the bike (and in the body style [the bike, not me]) of my dreams, but one of less than 800 made WORLDWIDE (super exclusive 1199 Superleggera only has 500), too cool!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Billythe kid, what email address did you enquire to?

I have a 2010 Corse SE (1198) and Im curious how many of those were made....

My bike is #85, but Id love to know out of how many..

I used to have a 2012 848 Corse.....the best bike Ive ever owned...better than my current 1198 Corse, but not by much ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wow this is awesome news, I have a 2012. Will have to check and see what number mine is. Glad the whole SE thing was not just a marketing ploy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Billythe kid, what email address did you enquire to?

I have a 2010 Corse SE (1198) and Im curious how many of those were made....

My bike is #85, but Id love to know out of how many..

I used to have a 2012 848 Corse.....the best bike Ive ever owned...better than my current 1198 Corse, but not by much ;)

I just went to the Ducati USA website and submitted the request through their contact page/link. I honestly thought that the query would remain on this side of the pond, I was pleasantly surprised that it was forwarded to their home office.

http://www.ducatiusa.com/company/contact_us/contact_form/index.do

·
Registered
252 Posts
I messaged them yesterday and got a response this morning. Apparently even with the VIN they do not know what # out of the 787 2013 Corse SE's we own. Oh well...at least I know I own one of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2013 848 EVO Corse SE

Hey all,

I too am an owner of a 2013 EVO, bad news is that with 3600 miles on it a timing belt slips and causes $5600.00 of repairs. No I didn't get the extended warrenty thinking I am getting a DUCATI. :rlwhore:

I guess crap happens.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey all,

I too am an owner of a 2013 EVO, bad news is that with 3600 miles on it a timing belt slips and causes $5600.00 of repairs. No I didn't get the extended warrenty thinking I am getting a DUCATI. :rlwhore:

I guess crap happens.
I am sorry about the timing belt but the logic of "I didn't get extended warranty because I thought I was getting a ducati" doesnt make any sense to me..

May be I am wrong, but more expensive and more complex items dont mean they are more reliable, its actually the opposite of that. High End BMWs, Mercs, Porsche they all are FAR less reliable yet cost FAR more than their more boring yet reliable counterparts.

My rule of thumb has always been (and I hope to live by it forever)..

"Buy what you can afford to replace, repair and maintain on your dime, not just something you can afford to purchase".

good luck with your repairs and at least now you will have a brand new engine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts