Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm getting some replacement fairings and need to source some decals.

Other than Ducati (as I assume expensive), any ideas?

Cheers!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I recently purchased some decals through www.alloutgraphics.com; instead of one of their kits, I only wanted the "Ducati" decals for my track trank and "848" for my Sharkskinz fairings. I got all four decals for a very reasonable price and installed them. To me they look just like OEM. Not sure if they'll have what you're looking for but it's worth a try. Visit the website and send Michael an email to see if he has what you're looking for: [email protected]

I put together this video documenting my install:

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Best option imho

Right now there is a guy who came into the market who is doing absolutely fantastic work with ANYTHING to do with stickers and entire kits for our bikes! I highly suggest you contact Scott and talk with him about what you are seeking. He's a SUPER kind guy who goes way out of his way to assist anyone and does superb work as well.

Check out this link on a Bayliss he just did, and I also put his company link on here too!

thought I'd put the proper attire on the Bayliss - Ducati 1199 Forum

SR Sign Design Race Replica and Custom Motorcycle Stickers and Decals

Feel free to tell him I sent you since it may get you a discount. Ive been sending MANY members his way after seeing how meticulous he is!
Hope this helps?

Gunny

·
Read Only
2,524 Posts
Always get my decals from this guy; vulturbikestb adesivi tuning

You can find more details on ebay/facebook/youtube

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
In the UK we use OBR Racepaint

Give them an email and ask for a price, they already have the artwork having done the decals pictured on the desmo below.

Plus some of their other work. And yes that is Rossi's No'2 Aprillia from his championship winning season. You can see how different it looked after going through many hands and forgotten about.

If you do mail them mention Craig sent you.

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
At Aprilia HQ in Noale, Italy

I don't know about you, but when I was in middle school this is NOT what I was doing...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Yeah, that's his number one bike in their museum. This one was a find, god sold some years ago, went through a couple of hands and ended up as Chaz Davies' bike. By this time the history had been lost. Chaz' dad sold it along with some other bikes to a friend of mine who's heavily involved in racing over here ( Phil Morris Racing and Parade Team ) and when the bike was in the workshop some odd labels with Rossi's name on were found on parts, and many of the carbon and other parts just seemed a bit special. So long story short, they chased the numbers and it's Rossi's lost No.2 bike.
Not a bad job by the paint guys I think considering they only had pictures on the internet to work from.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah, that's his number one bike in their museum. This one was a find, god sold some years ago, went through a couple of hands and ended up as Chaz Davies' bike. By this time the history had been lost. Chaz' dad sold it along with some other bikes to a friend of mine who's heavily involved in racing over here ( Phil Morris Racing and Parade Team ) and when the bike was in the workshop some odd labels with Rossi's name on were found on parts, and many of the carbon and other parts just seemed a bit special. So long story short, they chased the numbers and it's Rossi's lost No.2 bike.
Not a bad job by the paint guys I think considering they only had pictures on the internet to work from.

Great story I heard another similar story about a guy who picked up and old raced 916 and it was one of Carl fogarty's bikes

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's what happened with my Fogarty 888 and Scott Russell ZX7R. Both bikes when from WSBK to AMA to club racers and their history was lost along the way until I found them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts