Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I did my first long ride on the 848 yesterday and as I was pulling into my garage, I noticed my left side handle grip pushed out about 1/4 of its length.

I wiggled them back in and put the plastic cap back in as well. Is this a common issue with our bikes? Should I even bother taking it in for warranty or just upgrade the grips?

Any benefits to aftermarket grip besides looks? Inputs welcome! :)

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
The grips do get worn out, mostly from ozone and direct sunlight. I kinda dig the OEM grips on the Superbikes, they work well. There are many options available from several different companies. Its very easy to replace the grips, simply cut them off, buy some grip glue and install the new grips. I use to race with Renthal grips and they worked well.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Can't go wrong with pro grip. I've used the 717 for years on track and street bikes and they are very comfortable. I just picked up a set of the 719 and they're not bad. Grip glue or hair spray will lock the grip back down. You can also remove the grip clean the inside of the grip and also the clip on with isopropyl alcohol and then use an air nozzle on a compressor to force air between the grip and the clip on to help force the grip on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback guys. I raised the concern because the bike has less than 700 miles on it and the grips were sliding off.

Dukaki848 - good call on the air nozzle when putting it back on.

I think I will add some grip glue if it comes off again next time. Thanks!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Don't worry it will work loose again. I safety wired mine and it still moved. I fixed it by buying a Motion Pro Quick Throttle and it came with new grips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts