Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use them ? With the colder weather coming in, and the fact I really hate cold hands and/or fingers, considering going this route, tips/advice ? I found the OEM parts, and install seems fairly easy, just no instructions on how to turn on/off....the pictures don't really show a switch or anything...:blind:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone use them ? With the colder weather coming in, and the fact I really hate cold hands and/or fingers, considering going this route, tips/advice ? I found the OEM parts, and install seems fairly easy, just no instructions on how to turn on/off....the pictures don't really show a switch or anything...:blind:
Toiffel... Don't know what kind of Ducati you have? But I have a 2017 Monster 1200S and installed the factory Heated Hand Grips. Only hard part is you have to get the software update to the TFT Display to be able to use them. Activation of the grips is via the TFT display Menu. Kinda cumbersome until you get used to doing it on the fly. Otherwise they work great!

Good luck!

tach9

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks !! Spoke to a couple people, and going for the OEM for my Monster 18' 1200s !!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Toiffel... Don't know what kind of Ducati you have? But I have a 2017 Monster 1200S and installed the factory Heated Hand Grips. Only hard part is you have to get the software update to the TFT Display to be able to use them. Activation of the grips is via the TFT display Menu. Kinda cumbersome until you get used to doing it on the fly. Otherwise they work great!

Good luck!

tach9
So, if you just use the TFT display...
Do you know if it would work on the 821?
Also
Can the Cruise control from the Multistrada be added??

Thanks Rex

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, if you just use the TFT display...
Do you know if it would work on the 821?
Also
Can the Cruise control from the Multistrada be added??

Thanks Rex
Rex...that I do not know. If I was to guess, I think they still need to be integrated into the OEM TFT display. I don't think there is a difference between 1200/821 as far as the functionality of the grips... but if it has a TFT display, then they would require a S/W update to the display as well..is my thinking...

You might just call your local Ducati Dealer service technician and ask...

Good Luck!

tach9

·
Registered
85 Posts
Rex...that I do not know. If I was to guess, I think they still need to be integrated into the OEM TFT display. I don't think there is a difference between 1200/821 as far as the functionality of the grips... but if it has a TFT display, then they would require a S/W update to the display as well..is my thinking...

You might just call your local Ducati Dealer service technician and ask...

Good Luck!

tach9
Tach, can you elaborate?
I was at the dealer today researching... and they said the Multistrada (is there another model with heated grips??) had a separate button... So I would need a new set of switches (on that side) if it were to work.
To be clear. They have never done it... but were confident if it has been done they could do it.

So...
Did you have to buy new switch gear? or a new TFT display?
The multistrada they had on display had a different display than the 1200

Any pics??

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tach, can you elaborate?
I was at the dealer today researching... and they said the Multistrada (is there another model with heated grips??) had a separate button... So I would need a new set of switches (on that side) if it were to work.
To be clear. They have never done it... but were confident if it has been done they could do it.

So...
Did you have to buy new switch gear? or a new TFT display?
The multistrada they had on display had a different display than the 1200

Any pics??

Thank you in advance
Rex, When I ordered my heated grips directly from Ducati, they had a specific model for the 1200S Monster. The 2017 1200S has a TFT display so the control for the grips needed to be integrated into the display etc. I wish there was a simple switch, but in my case there isn't. If your 821 has a TFT display, then I'd guess it would need to be integrated into the display. I do not know if the Multistrada grips would work for you. Asking the Ducati dealer about that might give you a better idea.

For me, I wanted an OEM heated grip specific to my Ducati Monster, and that is what AI ordered. they work great, and as I said before, they are a bit cumbersome to deal with until you get used to the TFT display operation.

Good luck. Sorry no pixs as the grips look just like the OEM non-heated ones. In the TFT display settings, you scroll through to select low,medium or high heat range for the grips. Once you get used to it, it becomes intuitive, but it takes some practice to do so.

tach9

1 - 8 of 8 Posts