Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've got the stripe w adjustable fork and I'm 100% maxed out on rebound and compression and it's still not enuff. The spring rate is proper for my weight 160 in gear and skill level for what the bikes intended use is (very fast back road riding of 60-100mph) the rear shock is also sprung correctly for me and the rebound is set just about perfect but no compression adjustments.

I'd rather bolt on the entire front end off a 1200s of i could rather than sending forks out for mods or cartridge kits.
I can live w the rear and the forks I could really benefit from but what I can't live without is a steering damper.

This thing wags all over the place especially on my country roads up here when accelerations hard thru 2nd and 3rd gear. I really hate the look of a rotary type Scott's style which I don't think will fit anyways. An under the triple style like on my KTM 1190R would work or the kind that mount one fork tube to the frame on only one side of bike will work like the old school pre 90's race bikes.

I can get an adjustable damper for about 70$ that will do the trick of somebody can make
The fork and frame mounts.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Regarding the headshake. Have you changed the stock bars? I found they are too rearward and cause a light front end, and also gives the bike a feeling your steering with the back wheel. Perhaps try a set of bars that brings your weight forward and possibly down a bit to get more weight over the front end. Ive gone for rizoma ma011 which have a further foward reach. Next will be rizoma drag bars

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went with the Ohlins steering damper for my M821 Stripe. It seems to stabilize the front end a bit, but it's not an inexpensive solution. Here are the parts list:

Ohlins steering damper, 68 mm stroke (SD001)
Ducabike Steering Damper Mount Kit M1200 / 821 (SAS05)
Ducabike Ohlins Steering Collar (COS01)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.