Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Unfortunately, Öhlins never made a TTX36 that fit on the 749/999.
Ohlins USA is 20min away from my shop. and what they always tell me is just because it isnt in the catalog or someone says that model wont work on that bike. For me they will just charge me the cost for the part and 1/2 price on there time... and if its for me personally. they just charge me for the part and give me free time. NICE! lol
If you want something that cant be done... come to me.
Also as far as the street and most people the stock Showa rear (set up correctly) is just fine, if not good. and the front Showa is either good or great depending on the set up and if there the TI nitrated coated ones. Those forks with the Ohlins cartridge kit, are better then the Ohlins that comes on the 1098 / 1198 "s" models.
But for a track rider or racer, there is nothing like a top notch set up Ohlins, You dont have to go all out ... just get the R/T unless your going AMA or WSBK.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The TTX36MKII will need to have a new uper body CNCd for it to work on your 749-999, IT CAN BE DONE. just cost prohibitive. I was remecomened to tell you guys the SC46 is your best bet. (but im shure you alredy knew that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.