Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Piece of cake. Car jack stands under the frame where the swing arm pivot goes. Unscrew the upper and lower bolts, lift the rear wheel up and down a bit (to loosen it up and pull the bolts out) Once one bolt is out, the swing arm will drop and shock will come right out. You will need to lift up the wheel to put the new shock in, so a rear stand is helpful to control this.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Ohlins USA is 20min away from my shop. and what they always tell me is just because it isnt in the catalog or someone says that model wont work on that bike. For me they will just charge me the cost for the part and 1/2 price on there time... and if its for me personally. they just charge me for the part and give me free time. NICE! lol
I'm friends with David @ Fast Bike Industries, he's right around the corner from Öhlins. We've had long discussions on the subject back in 2009 when I was racing a 749R. He told me straight up, there isn't a TTX36MKII solution for the 749/999. Every version has a problem with fitment, something to do with reservoir location and/or height in relationship to the top of the shock body. I tried to fit my stock 848 shock into a friends 749/999 and it wouldn't fit due to the reservoir angle.

So I don't know the truth, I'm just going by what David, Mark @ the Duc Shop and Dan Kyle @ Kyle Racing told me. They al use the DU301 on that bike and it works great. I had one with the Chandler mod, wow was it amazing.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Tell you what, Ill go ask the man and see what I can find out for you... if i can get that shock to fit to your bike are you going to buy it from Ohlins?
A lot of people would be gracious if someone could tell them where to find a TTX36MKII which would fit the 749/999.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
I doubt you'll find a TTX shock that will fit Tye's KTM dirt bikes :D
Whaaaaa!!!!!

I'm actually running a TTX44 shock and TTX22 forks on my KTM race bike. Thats right, they make TTX forks for off-road, but not for tarmac riding. I've always been confused about that, why roadracing doesn't use TTX forks. :shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.