Ducati.org forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Tell you what, Ill go ask the man and see what I can find out for you... if i can get that shock to fit to your bike are you going to buy it from Ohlins?
A lot of people would be gracious if someone could tell them where to find a TTX36MKII which would fit the 749/999.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Tell you what, Ill go ask the man and see what I can find out for you... if i can get that shock to fit to your bike are you going to buy it from Ohlins?
I doubt you'll find a TTX shock that will fit Tye's KTM dirt bikes :D

its not that much of a mark up... looking at my year or two old pricing sheet on sompthing like that retale $1200 shop price would probley be $900-950

(educated guess)
Yeah that's what I feared...I was hoping it'd be more like golf clubs, where the cost of a set of irons is around 35-50% of the retails price :p

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
I doubt you'll find a TTX shock that will fit Tye's KTM dirt bikes :D
Whaaaaa!!!!!

I'm actually running a TTX44 shock and TTX22 forks on my KTM race bike. Thats right, they make TTX forks for off-road, but not for tarmac riding. I've always been confused about that, why roadracing doesn't use TTX forks. :shrug:

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I stand corrected...as you might've guess, I don't know shit about dirt bikes.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ok so I didn't get the ohlins rear due to it being Withdrawn from sale so my next question is do I get the stock one re sprung and set up for me or keep searching for an ohlins.i mostly street ride and I'm no Moto GP rider but I'd like to set my bike up properly so I could be,haha.dont really want to spend thousands on a new now then spend more one setting it up. What to do ???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Cheers Disco I was talking to the guys at shock treatment and I'm now leaning towards the Matris same price but apparently a superior shock they are actually made rider specific and not off the shelf like the ohlins.now i bought the 749 for $6700(bargain,clean bike no problems)do I spend a third of the price I paid for new shock and respringing forks and getting it set for me.ive no intension of selling this bike,hopefully the start of my collection.first world problems hey.Frank don't let the trolling knobs at ASB get to you,there Aussies man and it's just our nature to hang shit on people and kick when someone is down.Chin up bro we know why we choose to own and ride a duke,because they are sweet in every way,the look the sound the feel,can't beat it.Dan

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Just respring and set rider sag and get a good baseline of compression and rebound. Aftermarket shocks are over kill for the street IMO. There are guys running fast times on tracks all over the place on resprung stock suspension. Those guys are pushing their bikes harder then anyone should on the street.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Weighing up my options and $$$that can be hidden from the missus and I think re sprung and set up properly is the way I'll be going.thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The TTX36MKII will need to have a new uper body CNCd for it to work on your 749-999, IT CAN BE DONE. just cost prohibitive. I was remecomened to tell you guys the SC46 is your best bet. (but im shure you alredy knew that.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.