Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
It says available as an option so it doesn't come with it, I am happy with the rear shock on the monster it is the front that bugs me sometimes but I got used to it. Honestly in my opinion for street riding all is needed is dialing in the suspension for your liking.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Guys sorry for the noob question, I have been very curious about the ohlins rear and fork upgrade for my 821... In fact feeling like I should have gone for the 1200s instead at times... What would be the immediate benefit for these upgrades for the street? Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I ride my bike pretty hard, tight corners, late breaking etc and I can't justify replacing the rear shock as the stock handles my street riding needs pretty good. The forks is a different story but you have to remember that you will never get your money back for the forks if you sell the bike.
If I were you and I am not happy with the 821 I would switch bikes before making expensive modifications.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ride my bike pretty hard, tight corners, late breaking etc and I can't justify replacing the rear shock as the stock handles my street riding needs pretty good. The forks is a different story but you have to remember that you will never get your money back for the forks if you sell the bike.
If I were you and I am not happy with the 821 I would switch bikes before making expensive modifications.

Completely agree, as with all upgrades on stock anything you are right ...almost never get your money back when you sell it. So far I am really happy with the 821 overall... But will have to try the 1200s again and see how the two bikes differ with my relatively easy going riding style

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.