Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! Trying to get some advice on servicing an Ohlins rear shock.
I see various outlets who perform this service. Can anyone provide advice or recommendations, and idea of cost for rebuild?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
You might have to tell us which country you live in..

Can highly recommend a service facility here, but I don't suppose you are local to me.

As a general comment to all members, I think the small effort required to add your location to your 'sig' can often be helpful.

This is an international forum, even though one nation is obviously more represented. And which part of that nation you are in can also be relevant when advice is sought.

Just sayin'..

:)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Can't go wrong sending it to Ohlins USA. I just had my TTX serviced at the local dealer (master tech there is Ohlins certified). Cost was $200.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
David @ Fast Bike Industries, does most of the in-house Öhlins repairs, so you can bypass the middleman and send it right to him directly.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
David @ Fast Bike Industries, does most of the in-house Öhlins repairs, so you can bypass the middleman and send it right to him directly.
This is absolutely not the case with Ohlins USA in Henderson, North Carolina... check out their website.... I have bought, and have serviced my Ohlins equipment for years and years!! In addition, they are @ all the major races for support.... Ask for Brad Stokes, knows Ducati Suspension backwards and forwards..just sayin....

Öhlins performance suspension, shocks, struts, and dampers home

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
This is absolutely not the case with Ohlins USA in Henderson, North Carolina... check out their website.... I have bought, and have serviced my Ohlins equipment for years and years!! In addition, they are @ all the major races for support.... Ask for Brad Stokes, knows Ducati Suspension backwards and forwards..just sayin....
According to David, Öhlins no longer does in-house consumer repairs for non-sponsored riders. They send all the work to David @ Fast Bike Industries. You can send anything you want to Öhlins, it just winds up in a box going to David's place anyway.

I know this because well frankly, I deal with them on a month to month basis.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
" According to David"..."I know this"....just sayin....

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
" According to David"..."I know this"....just sayin....
Actually, it's common knowledge in the industry. Everyone but you know it actually.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Well, I may not be an engineer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...:shruggy:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
You're so bored, your just searching through threads, just looking for a good time.

I feel sorry for you Ramsbottom, I spent the whole day at the track having a blast and I come home to arguments about the most rudimentary thing that everyone knows about.

Sad truly… you need a REAL hobby get your ass out of the house for gosh sakes!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
^ I'll rate that comeback at a 2/10....good one Tye!

Reactions: Aussie_Bob

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
You're so bored, your just searching through threads, just looking for a good time.

I feel sorry for you Ramsbottom, I spent the whole day at the track having a blast and I come home to arguments about the most rudimentary thing that everyone knows about.

Sad truly… you need a REAL hobby get your ass out of the house for gosh sakes!
been watching Dr. Phil again? :)....just askin....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well NC is close enough for me. I emailed their contact form on the OhlinsUSA, print spec sheet; now all set quoted around $90 for service. 👍

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Well NC is close enough for me. I emailed their contact form on the OhlinsUSA, print spec sheet; now all set quoted around $90 for service. 👍
That's it?? :wtf: Damn...I should've sent mine to them too! Wish I would've asked.

Did they tell you exactly what they're doing?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Well NC is close enough for me. I emailed their contact form on the OhlinsUSA, print spec sheet; now all set quoted around $90 for service. ��
Just an FYI, I don't think your receipt from them will be $90.

They'll charge you for oil, seals and a new bumper if it needs it. That's where they make the big bux. Heck, it costs ME around $90 bux to rebuild a shock, that's just parts!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.