Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,

I am new to Ducatis, but old to motorbikes. I just bought an ex-AMA 848 to go club racing with (I've been racing since 2007, mostly on Aprilia twins).

The bike has a Duscshop linear shock linkage, and a crappy revalved stock shock.

So - I got a TTX, and I need it shortened:
-I talked with Mark from the Ducshop, and the shock needs to be shortened by 10mm to work with his linkage
-According to Mark, this can be done by replacing the eyelet only (no need to shorten internally and subtract stroke)

So, I need this eyelet...

-Mark said that he used to make the replacement eyelets, but don't anymore, and have none left in inventory
-He also said that a bunch of folks make these replacement eyelets, including Ohlins
-Does anybody have the appropriate P/N for the replacement eyelet? Either through Ohlins or a reliable other source?

Thank you!

Murf

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
^^^ I got mine from Mark, years ago, ... But you might try Brad @ OhlinsUSA, Hendersonville, NC..
He will know what to do, I believe... BTW... I just thought "eye" was machined 10mm shorter, and maybe, the threads extended as required.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Dan Kyle from Kyle Racing can also do it, or will have what you need.

Do you mind sharing who's bike it was before? As in who rode it in AMA? Just curious is all...not many guys raced them in AMA. Jake Zemke and Larry Pegram are the only ones that come to mind from that time frame...I know Zemke rode the TPL/Ducshop 848 so just wondering if it's that one.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Oh nice! Didn't realize he rode an 848. I know he rode a 1199R a couple of years ago. He came to my local track at a track day that summer, but his bike wasn't running so he rode a Superleggera around that wasn't set up for him. Almost broke the track record with only a few sessions on track! Guy was unbelievably fast compared to the rest of us :eek:...he passed me on his 3rd lap ever around that track, on an unfamiliar bike...by like 6 seconds at least :eek:

I'm guessing they probably took some of the good stuff off and replaced it with more basic stuff. I'm sure at some point it probably had some top notch suspensions on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Cool story.

Guess that's why the fast guys are paid to ride, and punters like us write checks.

That's exactly what happened with the bike. Best I can tell, the bike had a Bazzaz TC and K-Tech shock taken off. BUT - the thing still weighed 367lbs on the ASRA scales.

Say, Rubbish - did you do some CCS racing this year on your 1198? Blackhawk Farms in August?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Cool story.

Guess that's why the fast guys are paid to ride, and punters like us write checks.

That's exactly what happened with the bike. Best I can tell, the bike had a Bazzaz TC and K-Tech shock taken off. BUT - the thing still weighed 367lbs on the ASRA scales.

Say, Rubbish - did you do some CCS racing this year on your 1198? Blackhawk Farms in August?
Blackhawk Farms in May actually, and Road America in July. Wanted to try out club racing this year. Fun times, but all the CCS midwest tracks are 8-10 hours from me and it gets expensive, so that was my extent of my racing for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.