Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the oil change post guys. I know. It鈥檚 oil. Change it. Warm her up, pull plug. Then filter. Then the catch filter. Clean. Reinstall. Oil the filter. Install. Clean plug. Reinstall. Add oil. Warm up, level off.

but wait...

the garldang filter doesn鈥檛 fit馃く馃槱馃槱馃槱.

the filter nightmare started with a cross threaded and welded on Ducati filter. Yippee I got it off after murdering the filter installer. So new filter!! Right filter for the lady as K&N prescribed...nope. Filter adapter is smaller diameter than filter. Any thoughts??

so I added photos. You can barely see the difference but the K&N is on the bottom, Ducati up top hence the holes in the sucker. This is from a 2012 Monster 796 ABS. Is there another filter I should be using besides a KN-153 like the book said...???

Registered
KN153 is the correct filter. Looks like the o-ring is not stuck up in there. Maybe take it back? Could be just a defect with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up a second KN 153 and no problems. The filter from Ducati definitely did not get any love so it may look mangled. The Ducati shop thought it would be best to crank it on beyond removable without breaking things

1 - 4 of 4 Posts