Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for others that ride the Ducati 1198S or other super bikes that have dealt with leaking oil cooler lines. As you can imagine Ducati is refuting that I had an accident due to the oil leak and refuse to honor their warranty, even though the bike was brand new and under warranty. Any guidance is helpful but I've found out through this process that there is no integrity at Ducati!!! This has been going on for 3 years now!!!! Ridiculous!!!!!

·
Court Jester
11,926 Posts
Not a lot of details so not sure I can take a position.

Having said the one of my lines was leaking I tightened it and that solved the problem.

Ducati can't be held accountable for you crashing from an oil leak if you ignored it...

Reactions: gunther19820

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow, your first post here sure isn't going to get you any friends, sympathy or good advice.

Not a good way to start.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well, Jesus how could you not notice an oil leak on a brand new bike? When I wasn't riding mine I was staring at it and polishing it for hours.

I mean in a way I feel bad for the guy because we don't know any details, an oil line could have just came loose all of a sudden and dumped oil all over his back wheel causing the crash....

Reactions: Tchase

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Wasn't 2011 the last year of production for 1198s? If my math adds up that would be 5 years ago. Ever heard of doing a pre inspection before you ride? Walk around the bike and make sure everything is tight, lights and breaks work, no leaks??:confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oil cooler lines came loose spewing oil all over the rear tire causing me to high side. I put this on here to see if anybody else had the same issues or had issues with Ducati's warranty? But thanks for the advice on checking my bike before a ride??? You sir are brilliant now STFU and make me a sammich!!!!

·
Court Jester
11,926 Posts
Oil cooler lines came loose spewing oil all over the rear tire causing me to high side. I put this on here to see if anybody else had the same issues or had issues with Ducati's warranty? But thanks for the advice on checking my bike before a ride??? You sir are brilliant now STFU and make me a sammich!!!!

More details please! Did the line back off, fail?

I had a warranty issue lost a belt Ducati paid for it all and the dealer gave me a loaner.

·
Administrator
2,903 Posts
I've deleted one post from this thread....one that wished death upon the OP. That won't be tolerated under ANY circumstances here. Period.

That said, the OP has every right to post here. You guys can hate on him too, if that's your response. But I'm not going to ban him for posting. I might, however, be inclined to ban others who go completely off the rails in response to him.

Keep it civil. If you can't, then just STFU and leave it alone.

·
Court Jester
11,926 Posts
Yes the line failed and because I was injured Ducati is pretending that nothing happened. Couldn't get a loaner or anything out of these guys.

Pictures of the failed line?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
YCouldn't get a loaner or anything out of these guys.
How many times do we have to see threads like this?
Ducati NA has nothing to do with loaners. That is the dealer you bought the bike from. Just like nearly EVERY other vehicle manufacturer.

Just because you bought a bike from a dealer- that does not negate your responsibility as an owner. And look your bike over.

People get all pissy when things dont go the way they think they should and love to blame the manufacturer. Have you ever thought- for a moment- that the way you conduct yourself in the dealer will also determine what happens?

Ducati NA and my dealer worked together on my behalf to rebuild the motor in my bike. A used bike. That has seen track time. Did it test my patience? Absolutley. Did I get frustrated? Sure. Was I professional through the process, and not turn to the interwebs to try and flame them? For sure.

How can you prove that oil on your tire caused you to highside?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
forensic engineering, its an extremely complicated and lengthy ongoing case. Just reaching out to see if others experienced any similar failures while they were riding. Didn't expect this much back lash or even death threats I guess???

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Just reaching out to see if others experienced any similar failures while they were riding.
No- you were looking to start a thread of people trashing Ducati to make you feel better.

If you were really looking for other peoples experiences, you would have worded this completley different.

And then theres your username..

·
Court Jester
11,926 Posts
How many times do we have to see threads like this?

Ducati NA has nothing to do with loaners. That is the dealer you bought the bike from. Just like nearly EVERY other vehicle manufacturer.

Exactly that's why I specifically said dealer :lovebirds:

Reactions: gunther19820

·
Court Jester
11,926 Posts
forensic engineering, its an extremely complicated and lengthy ongoing case. Just reaching out to see if others experienced any similar failures while they were riding. Didn't expect this much back lash or even death threats I guess???
I'm 100% positive there was no viable treat. This is a Ducati forum we drink way too much Koolaid, your entrance wasn't the best. You can be mad but some back story would of been a good first post.

Yes metal testing takes time but not years a 6-8 weeks at most.

But you know the old saying a picture is worth 1000 words. So post some up!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts