Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone confirm which is the drain oil bolt on the Monster 821? I am guessing that it is the smaller allen bolt with the brass washer near the middle? Auto part Vehicle Car Engine

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, you are right.

In your picture, it's the smaller one on the right hand side.

The larger one on the left hand side is the drain associated with the mesh filter, which you would also remove and check if you were doing an oil change.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply ChasT, Do i need to remove that drain bolt mesh filter everytime and as ofter when i change my oil too? Is it just for to check if anything is caught in there? i dont even have the size Allen bolt for this screw! That screw is a huge one! The smaller one for the oil drain is a 5mm, but that big one must me 15mm or something.
There is also a big screw on the side of that which which youy can see on the pic and i believe is the oil filter screen itself so i am confuse of why there are two of this huge bolts?! Lol!

·
Registered
81 Posts
The big one on the side gives access to the washable metal mesh filter. I always take that one out and clean it, as it is a good indication of the health of your engine.
The plug below it is there to help drain the gallery I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts