Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a hard time taking off the oil filter on thier monster? There is really no space to easily have access to the oil filter using a oil wrench being the exhaust pipe in the way. I never use a oem filter wrench cap for it always strips the bottom part of the oil filter if put on too tight!
i will be using a K&N oil filter the next time i change oil, at least k&n filter have the nut screw on the bottom and you can use a wrench ratchet to take off and to install. Anyone know of the K&N oil filter part number for our Monster821? I've search for part and found nothing for our unit yet?

Bob

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Monster821, could you tell me exatly what type of tool you used to take oem filter off?
Apparently, my local dealership says that to keep in mind that changing this part may void my bike's warranty if anything goes wrong with the bike's engine and suggested to wait until warranty is done. Having an after market oil filter can void warranty if involves anything with the engine that is not a Ducati part they say! So i fugure that i might have to hold off on that part then. I am just gonna have to find the best tool to change the oem oil filter!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is this what the clamp looks like that can be use to take off oem oil filter with ease?!

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
I used one of these. Works fine and I don't plan on ever using the stock type nor do I have any other vehicle that uses that so didn't want to by the wrench to use it once.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.