Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Let me first say I want to thank everyone that have a ton of knowledge and post to help others out. It has helped me many times. I've searched posts trying to fix an oil leak near the rear cylinder. It only starts leaking after the bike comes up to temperature. It leaks down and runs on the exhaust. After reading many other posts with similar problems I dissconected the oil breather and cleaned it and the o rings were in perfect working order. Now with all of that removed I was able to give a good cleaning to the whole block to remove grim and oil. With high hopes I started her up and once again it started leaking. With having cleaned the block I could see that the leak wasn't coming from the breather but it "appears" to be leaking behind the smaller sprocket, near where the kick stand bolts on. I made sure all bolts were tightened properly but she still leaks. Such a shame because here on Long Island the weather was perfect for riding. Here are some pics if it helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

You can see a stream of oil flowing down the grey part just below the lower part of the chain.

·
Registered
233 Posts
oil leak

hi

any help greatly appreciated , I have a 2013 696 , only covered 4500 miles and had both services
all was fine , took it last week to have new tyres fitted , fitters where informed that it had no centre stand but assured me they could do the fitting
after they fitted the tyres they pointed out a slight oil leak , bike stood in the same spot in the garage every time with no oil on the floor , rode the bike home 8 miles , a couple of drips of oil on bottom of casing ,
today wiped the casing and went for a 20 mile spin as I was short on time , oil on bottom of casing
am I being paranoid or could the tyre fitters have put a jack under the engine casing and put to much pressure on a part of it or is this normal
ps my first duc

thanks

Tim:confused:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
To the original poster, I have exactly the same leak but have not quite figured out where the leak is. I am suspecting the two o-rings/seals on the clutch rod as the culprit. It could also be the seal behind the front sprocket in your case.

To the poster above, I highly doubt jacking the bike up under the crankcase would cause it to leak, but it's not impossible of course. It's funny how multiple problems sometimes manifests itself at the same time, making you think it is somehow related. Best bet is to try trace the leak to its origin and work from there.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Probably leaking from the front sprocket oil seal.. not uncommon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.