Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone found tiny splatters of oil under their windscreen? It’s showing up right above the brake cylinder. I am not sure if it’s excess from somewhere or if I have a leak in my forks/break cylinder. I cannot find any oil spots anywhere else on the bike. Any thoughts? I am swinging by my dealer tonight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
is it on the inside or outside of the screen?
Is it definitely oil?
I thought it was oil from a car in front after noticing something on my screen, it was slippery to the touch. Turned out it was my coolant overflow catch tank was cracked.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
ducatijon said:
is it on the inside or outside of the screen?
Is it definitely oil?
I thought it was oil from a car in front after noticing something on my screen, it was slippery to the touch. Turned out it was my coolant overflow catch tank was cracked.
That damn coolant tank!!! Happened on my 996. Heard it was a common problem, back in the early 00's. Hope it's not another new issue...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stopped by the shop and found it was coming from the bottom of the brake cylinder. Not sure if the nut was lose or what. They took it completely off and rebuilt/re-filled. rode 50 miles and no leaking yet.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I think they got those little sweat bands you can put around these as well, just in case.

Jason

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ahhh... the joys of Ducati ownership.
I just got rid of my good ole MGB and thought I was done with this stuff, but I forgot Italian maintenance is almost like British maintenance.
I can't wait to get her.
Maybe I should buy an old Fiat too. They're sponsoring Rossi after all.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
DUCMILLE said:
Ahhh... the joys of Ducati ownership.
I just got rid of my good ole MGB and thought I was done with this stuff, but I forgot Italian maintenance is almost like British maintenance.
I can't wait to get her.
Maybe I should buy an old Fiat too. They're sponsoring Rossi after all.
Yeah and that bike is ugly as hell, the Fiat decals. :green:

Jason

·
Registered
54 Posts
Writing from Britain here....

1098S due next week, 748 in garage, Alfa 156 GTA on driveway - oooh why do we do it - they look so damn good and give us such a hard time, the good times (even a few miles) outweigh the bad times (always a lot of £ or $) - whats is with that!?

Italian machinery - lustful beauties - you know you'll come back for more...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts