Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads n Lassies

I'm new to the forum. I am wondering are there any disabled members that ride Ducati's? I lost the use of my left arm years ago in an RTA, I've just bought an 848 and am about to start a conversion of the clutch to the right hand side, so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance,

one armed bandit

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I've seen it done, but usually on something more upright than an 848. It's cool that you're not letting a disability get in the way of riding though; I like to think I wouldn't either if it were me. Best of luck, but I'd still be thinking Monster or Streetfighter if I could only use 1 arm to control it.:yo:

I know of at least one modded Monster set up for a guy with extremely short limbs (some sort of dwarfism maybe?) plus a BMW GS that had pneumatic shift on the left handlebar for another guy with a missing left leg... cool stuff.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a Suzuki gsxr600srad at the moment and it works well, but it's a cable clutch so no resevoir to be relocated and there is much more room in the cockpit compared to the 848

·
Court Jester
12,081 Posts
Welcome aboard! Not sure how much help I can be, but I did have to get creative when fitting monster reservoirs on my 848. Be sure to put som pics up!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I dont think he is on here but a gentleman w/ a last name of knowles used to race WMRRA w/ a 748 and missing left arm, I know his rear brake lever was set up as clutch and had no use of rear brake(ducati rear brake another oxymoron) and he did pretty good in the twins series

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the resevoir problem will be solved with a race type set up with the resevoir replaced with a simple hose. There is a k2lever but its working out at €1500 which is almost what I bought my Gixxer for 5 years ago! Can't really justify this, but if needs must then I'll have to find the money from somewhere!

I'll stick up pics when she arrives later in the week

·
Banned
263 Posts
awesome work!

ill have a quick look, there is a guy around down under i think, who races a bike with 1 arm!!!

the guy i was thinking off

iirc there is a product called a clake? which is a brake and clutch all in 1
Home - Clake

another option could be a thumb rear brake like stunters use and change the rear brake to work your clutch?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
You Sir, are one bad ass motherfucker. Very inspirational!

Bike looks great! Please keep us updated on progress!

I hope to someday get to the motherland of Ireland...it calls me!

I'll have a pint for you tonight!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dont think he is on here but a gentleman w/ a last name of knowles used to race WMRRA w/ a 748 and missing left arm, I know his rear brake lever was set up as clutch and had no use of rear brake(ducati rear brake another oxymoron) and he did pretty good in the twins series
^^This

I did a few street rides and an open track day with him and his brother right after he rigged his bike. He had to move his body around a lot more but he did it, and did it pretty well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.