Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Author Marc Potter Posted: 23 June 2014

Motorcycling heaven – inside one man’s multi million pound Ducati MotoGP collection

In a heavily secured workshop in rural Southern England is one man’s personal motorcycle collection that includes more MotoGP bikes and World Superbikes than the Ducati factory itself owns.

Rumoured to be worth in the region of £50,000,000, yes, fifty million pounds, sits everything from the first Ducati MotoGP bike ever built as a prototype in 2000, right up to Valentino Rossi’s Ducati MotoGP bikes. We were let in to the secret location for a quick look round, and still can’t quite believe what we saw.

read more here One man's £50 million Ducati Collection | Bike Social

·
Registered
542 Posts
That is one very lucky man

Sent from my iPad using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Now that is a Ducati Person of Interest!!! Wonder if his last name is Weiss????

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Now that is a Ducati Person of Interest!!! Wonder if his last name is Weiss????

It's Tony O'Neill. There are three big collectors in the UK who Ducati roll out the golden carpet for, one in Scotland and 2 down in Surrey / Sussex.

Tony is head and shoulders above anyone else though. Anyone here or in the world. His collection is better than Ducati's museum collection ( for race bikes ).

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't open the link, they must have heard that I've watched Storage Wars a few times...

Sorry about that. Link is working fine here. Perhaps it's a device issue? There is some form of java picture gallery going on at the page that might misbehave on phones and tablets? Just guessing.

I can't reproduce the whole article as I know both the author and the Bennett's guys running the Bike Social site. The rule is you get to reproduce a couple of paragraphs with a link back to the article. And I'm a stickler for the rules ;)

Perhaps you can find it from the front page with the search function? ( it's in features )

Love biking, Love this - Bringing Bikers together I Bike Social

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Worked fine for Bob.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks so much like the collection that Zoot posted.... you wouldn't think there been two collections like that in the World..:dance:

I still prefer Jack Grattons collection better, at least you can ride them all.

My Garage Jack Gratton - YouTube

Walked through Jack's place when buying this from him. ( dodgy phone pic at night on his rear patio. Place is an old manor house, beautiful ) Astounding collection and not all of it at home, he has many bikes scattered about his office space.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
It's nothing to do with Fogarty and the collections has grown a hell of a lot since then.
If you read the thread that was well established that it wasn't .

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you read the thread that was well established that it wasn't .
I know, sorry. Didn't mean to come across as contrary. Just pointing it out. I know Carl and what few bikes he has are loaners. He's sold almost everything he was given. Not the sentimental sort.

Won't pay for a pint, let alone a bike ;)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Walked through Jack's place when buying this from him. ( dodgy phone pic at night on his rear patio. Place is an old manor house, beautiful ) Astounding collection and not all of it at home, he has many bikes scattered about his office space.
That was very kind of you . I had a friend buy me a Ducati mug once .

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm not sure that if I financially could I would. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a bike for each category, but I don't think I'd want so many as to not be able to let them out of their cage every now and again.

It seems a cruel waste (though I'd love to have a tour of these fine collections) like locking a tiger up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts