Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little feedback on what you guys are getting for operating temp. Over the summer I installed a full Leo Vince exhaust system and noticed that my bike was running around the 190-220 range. In my opinion is extremely high. I haven't had the ecu remapped yet. Would the remapping even help? Or what can I do to help it run on the cooler side thanks

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Sounds normal. My 08 runs around 190 on a hot day at speed and a high of 220 before the fans kick in. You bike sounds fine.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Same here...During the summer, caught in traffic, it gets hot as hell (no more than 220, though I cant remember the exact temp), once I get running it cools to 190 or less and all is good. Should be good to go...its just one of those things you have to get used to with a Ducati, but no harm being done.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The bike's run lean at lower RPM's stock, add the 57mm aftermarket Leo Vince exhaust and they run even leaner. So yes, mapping will help substantially because you can richen it up substantially, which helps cool the cylinders. My properly mapped 848 race bike ran around 180 - 200 on average, but on the street the same bike with stock exhaust ran upwards of 220 - 250 whilst going slow in traffic. YIKES! That's hot!

So where your numbers aren't bad, they COULD be a lot better if you re-mapped it.

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
Normal try to keep moving..

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
Thank God for Cali's lane splitting law. I run at about 200 on hot days.
We have a bill at the capital right now I don't pray but I might start..

·
Registered
791 Posts
We have a bill at the capital right now I don't pray but I might start..
I'd be there chanting with a sign lol

I can't imagine having to sit in traffic on a bike.

I woke up late for work this morning, looked outside for clear weather and my 30 min car ride to work in God awful Topanga Canyon traffic, turned into a fun 15 minute haul ass ride to work.

Made it in with 5 mins to spare.

And just to be consistent with this thread, temps were right on point lol

:yo:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank God for Cali's lane splitting law. I run at about 200 on hot days.
I knew Duc's ran hot but holy crap I havnt felt heat like that. I took ride and did a few runs up ACH yesterday and on the way home on the 210 hwy was bumper to bumper traffic, I split lanes going about 40mph and my legs felt like it was on fire (plus wear leathers didn't help). These italian ladies are hot, literally.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
All makes of bikes run around the same temp just most don't have an exhaust pipe that exits just under your butt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts